Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucyinthesky Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2005, 02:42 AM
    Easy, Cheap, yet tasty!
    I am staying on my college campus over the summer with my boyfriend since we live far away from each other... He is very athletic and will be working out a lot to prepare for the football season. The school cafeteria will be shut down so I will have to prepare most of the meals. I'm planning on buying a small George Foreman and a little Weber grill. There is a kitchen in the dorm we'll be staying in. I was wondering if there are delicious recipes for chicken dinners especially, but also fish,steak,any kind of meats... or anything else high in protein. I want to know where to find recipes (that cook up fast! Nothing too gourmet) that are simple since I'm no chef.. and the ingredients are not too outlandish.. and I need big portions... any advice on where to look for such recipes.. or if any of you have some good ones... anything will be greatly appreciated! Thank you! (also if you kow any good side dishes!)
    serialwife Posts: 117, Reputation: 16

May 23, 2005, 11:07 AM
    Lucy,
    These are a few websites that I find super helpful..
    www.quickcooking.com
    http://www.allfood.com/mmeal.cfm
    www.campbellkitchen.com/tt_index.asp

Favorite 2 quick and easy recipes

Chicken and Rice

1 Bag White/Brown Rice
    2 can Cream Chicken Soup
    2 Large Chicken Breasts

Combine 2 cans of soup with one can of water. Dump rice in an oven safe dish, plave chicken breasts on top of uncooked rice. Cover chicken and rice with soup mixture. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

I usually do the prep work the night before and put the foil covered dish in the fridge to just be baked.

Chili Dog Casserole

2 Can Chili without beans
    1 pk Hot Dogs
    1 pk tortilla
    Shredded Cheddar Cheese

In a oven safe dish, smooth 1 can of chili in the bottom of the dish. Roll hot dogs in the tortilla. Place them in chili seam side down. Repeat until all hot dogs are in the dish. Cover tortilla wrapped hot dogs with 2nd can of chili. Cover with shredded cheese. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes.

This one is hearty and kid friendly.

If you want more recipes let me know.
    lucyinthesky Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2005, 03:54 PM
    Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes when I cook them up!
    Skinwhite Posts: 77, Reputation: 6

Oct 17, 2005, 09:16 PM
    Grilled chicken

Marinate chicken in Zesty Italian Salad dressing for at least a couple of hours. I put it in ziploc baggies. Grill and it tastes awesome! Can't get any simpler than that!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I find cheap cigarettes? [ 6 Answers ]

There used to be a website where a person could buy cigarettes from an Indian reservation but I can't find it anymore. Where can I find the cheapest quality cigs?

Cheap Rental Property [ 6 Answers ]

Where is the best real estate market in the United States (IN,AZ,CA,NY,TX, NV, IA,MO etc.) interms of purchasing cheap rental (Duplex) property and renting the units, but at a purchase of under $50,000.00. Interesting in buying cheap property, but looking for rentals that already have tenats...

Cheap Foreign Labor [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: 7. The “cheap foreign labor” argument claims that trade with low wage countries will reduce living standards in the US. a. Explain why the text authors feel this argument is wrong. b. The text refers to the example of Brazilian coffee. If the US had a coffee growing industry before...

Cheap tickets [ 3 Answers ]

Do you know where I can find a cheap ticket from france to sacramento, California? All is just so expensive! :eek:

Cheap mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

What is your opinion on interest only mortgages? A person can get a $200,000 house for 1.5 to 2 percent! Their sell is that someone can invest the savings and have enough cash after 30-years to buy the house and have money to retire on... Thoughts? :eek:

View more questions Search