Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MummaCrash Posts: 136, Reputation: 19

Jun 5, 2007, 08:39 AM
    I use a moisturiser afterwards too.
    I have been using a sea salt +olive oil body scrub and it makes me all shiny. :D... teheh!
    Gem07 Posts: 64, Reputation: 27

Jun 6, 2007, 11:40 AM
    I use Dial or Ivory soap. I'll do some research on whether it's dangerous to do so. It's not like you're cleaning inside your vagina and cervix; you're cleaning the labia and mounds pubis.

If you're very worried, you could use Johnson's Baby Bar or Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash. If it's good enough for baby girls, it's good enough for grown women.

As for the ladies who are using Summer's Eve, I have a question. Are you talking about a wash or douche? I ask because douches are not good for the vagina as they throw off our delicate internal pH balance. I do not think it's healthy to douche. Cleaning the outer genitalia is enough. If there is an odor/discharge problem with regular bathing, it means there's a vaginal infection and you should consult a physician.

I've also heard that baby powder is not good to use near the vaginal area. Cornstarch-based products are better.
    Gem07 Posts: 64, Reputation: 27

Jun 6, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Hello, again. I did a small bit of research and found that using a mild, unscented soap is best for cleaning the outside of the vagina.

As for cleaning the vagina itself, it is not necessary since it is a self-cleaning organ. It will rid itself of waste (semen, menstrual blood, harmful bacteria). If an infection develops, you'll be alerted via itchiness, foul odor, odd discharge. Then you can get to a doctor. Keep all perfumes and dyes away from the vaginal area. So, liquid soap is not safer.

That means my Dial soap habit has to go. Darn it. I'm off to buy Johnson's baby products. Is Ivory soap unscented?
    sweetblood_15 Posts: 71, Reputation: 4

Jun 7, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gem07
    Hello, again. I did a small bit of research and found that using a mild, unscented soap is best for cleaning the outside of the vagina.

As for cleaning the vagina itself, it is not necessary since it is a self-cleaning organ. It will rid itself of waste (semen, menstrual blood, harmful bacteria). If an infection develops, you'll be alerted via itchiness, foul odor, odd discharge. Then you can get to a doctor. Keep all perfumes and dyes away from the vaginal area. So, liquid soap is not safer.

That means my Dial soap habit has to go. Darn it. I'm off to buy Johnson's baby products. Is Ivory soap unscented?

I'm not sure... but my best guess would be that it comes in both scented and unscented...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone ever tried grisi mother of pearl soap or their papaya soap? [ 2 Answers ]

I've purchased a bar of grisi mother of pearl soap(concha de nacar) and it is supposed to aid in fading small brown spots. If anyone has had experience withthese two products,can you give me insight as to how well it actually works?

Whitening soap [ 2 Answers ]

What's the best whitening soap u can recommend?

Better Soap and Lotions [ 1 Answers ]

I want to combine my embroidery gift bag business with a person I met. I tried her products and feel that she needs to add something to her body soaps and lotions to make them your skin feel more moisturized. I have heard that bee's was can help. What do you think? Thanks

Soap Actor [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone te;ll me the name of the Actor who played 'Christian' in Hollyoaks??

View more questions Search