Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucyinthesky Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2005, 02:24 AM
    Red bumps on legs...
    Wow, I don't know if it's polite to ask this many questions when I first become a member... but a problem that has been bothering me since I've been shaving is something that will NOT go away no matter what I try. I have red spots( my enlarged pores) all over my legs... mostly on my lower legs/calves but some on my thighs too. It got worse over the years when I shave... but no matter what (whether I shave or not) they won't go away. Sometimes after a long nights sleep they're not as visible but in humidity or sometimes for no reason at all they stand out so much. It's embarrassing because they're very visible. I've tried many different lotions and moisturizers, ones designed for sensitive skin and aftershave care but none of them worked. It seems as if my pores are huge (I have very thick hair... eww and thick leg hair too) and I just don't know what to do... with summer approaching it's getting harder not to wear cute skirts! Help!
    Dreamer Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

May 23, 2005, 02:46 AM
    Hi again Lucy,

As for this question; I would really recommend seeing a Dermatologist. It sounds to me like this could be more than sensitive skin. It doesn't sound like anything extremely serious, but as you mentioned, very frustrating. There are many different skin irritants that could be causing your problem, and it's impossible to say online what yours is.

There are ways to get rid of those red bumps, but if you've tried as many moisturizers as you said in your post, I doubt you'll find one to take them away.

Perhaps you should try a different razor. The best one I've found that is very gentle on the skin is the Intuition. You may have heard of it, but it has a soap bar surroudning the blades. This moisturizer is great on the skin and really leaves a great feeling afterwards. Perhaps this will help cut down on some of it? It's worth a try!
    lucyinthesky Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2005, 02:50 AM
    Haha thanks again Dreamer! Yeah I didn't know if it was serious enough to confront a dermatologist for but I guess that doesn't matter.. I will check it out and let you know how it goes! Thanks again! :D
    Dreamer Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

May 23, 2005, 02:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyinthesky
    Haha thanks again Dreamer! Yeah I didn't know if it was serious enough to confront a dermatologist for but I guess that doesn't matter..I will check it out and let you know how it goes! Thanks again! :D
    No problem hon :) Yeah, let me know how it goes. Just send me a PM or whatever when you find out. I'd be interested to know what you hear. I always like to learn something new ;) Best wishes!
    serialwife Posts: 117, Reputation: 16

May 23, 2005, 10:48 AM
    Lucy,
    The best razor I have found to stop those little bumps is the Mach3 razor. Change heads frequently... Oh the best shave gel if found is Benefit Brand.. you can buy it at Sephora.com it has chamomile in it. It's expensive but last a long time..
    jimdarling Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2005, 09:16 PM
    I can relate... and possibly help...
    I think I know what you are talking about. It's not that you have these massive bumps on your legs, it's more like tinted pores. My pores look redish and really stand out at certain times...I especially notice it out in the sunlight. The worst, however, is when I'm cold because then my pores are still showing, and I get that lovely, blotchy purplish thing going on.

The only thing I have found to work for me is using a self tanner. It doesn't eliminate the color of your pores, but it does make them a lot less noticeable. I can recommend you a good one if you're interested. (If I come across anything that eliminates those dots, I'll be sure to let you know.) If you are worried about razor burn or red bumps resulting from shaving, I could also recommend a good shaving oil for you to use.

If you are interested, you can e-mail me at [email protected]
    shorty777 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2007, 07:37 PM
    I think that you might have razor burn. The best thing to do would be to use a shavig cream and shave in the direction that your hair groes { down } this should work but if it doesn't you could trie using a hair removeing gell { it could work or just make it worse }
    x33whitney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 08:58 PM
    I have the same thing u have! And I can relate to every single word that u said and I have no clue what to do so if you find out a solution to the problem I would REALLY appreciate it if you let me know as well thanks =)

<3 whit
    Babble05 Posts: 13, Reputation: -1
    -

Apr 21, 2008, 11:14 PM
    I used to have a problem like this and I switched the soap I was using and also ONLY shave after you have been soaking in the tub or whatever for a few minutes. This allows the hair and the pores to soften up and the hair will be easier to shave. You can also wax your legs a few times a year, this has helped my friend a lot. She has really thick hair and the DR told her to try waxing, the hairs are not giving enough time to "fatten/thicken" up and makes it easier to shave.
    roxy5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 04:17 PM
    I have a similar situation that I hope you can help me with. On my thighs I have red bumps. It's like razor burn bumps that feel like they've kind of scabbed. Do you know any way I can get rid of them?! I don't want to walk around in my bathing suit with red bumps alllll over my thighs :(
    mocha1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 12:08 PM
    I have the same thing and would love an answer too. I find it funny when people tell you to try a razor for more sensitive skin. They obviously don't know what we're talking about. It is not razor burn or skin irritation. I have even tried plucking the hair from my legs thinking that it is a shadow from the dark hair under the skin. That help a little bit, but not much. I do tan my legs and also use a self tanner to get them even darker to hide them as much as possible. I think it is just a genetic thing. I know I have always been very self-conscious about it and hate summer when you have to expose your legs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Big muscly legs [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a big muscly leg ,I tried different exercises but it is make my legs bigger How can I relax my legs muscles and make it smaller??

What has 10 legs and 4 fangs? [ 10 Answers ]

I have found two spiders (for lack of a better name), in my house that have what appears to be 10 legs and a 4 fanged mouth. I've never seen anything like this before. The site is El Paso TX. There are no webs. The insect did not move fast, or present with any distinguishing abilities. Just...

I've got no hair on the legs [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 27 year old man. I've got this problem that bothers all the time. My legs have no hair. Well, if I see carefully, I will see many little tiny thin hair. However, they are not obvious in the daylight. So, my legs look smooth and clean as a woman's legs, which embarasses me all the time,...

Hair on legs [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I only shave the lower part of my legs,because I have fair hair on the upper part of leg.however,the older I get ,the more dark hairs seem to appear heare and there.When I get a tan the hairs will turn blond,but what will I do till then? Can I dye the hair on my legs without damaging the...

Huge Legs [ 2 Answers ]

HI EVERY ONE My problem is that I have a verrrrry big leg they are huge they were not like this before ? I am walking dayly for 1 hour What your a device to me?

View more questions Search