Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Youth today!
    Am I the only one today is a little taken back by the ignorance of the youth today when it deals with their own body, sexuality birth control and morality?

What do you think?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 04:46 PM
    I see that too. But I take a step back and realize that there are other cultures in the world besides our own. Many of these cultures are very ignorant of their bodies.

I do see, answering the health posts, that many many teens are very concerned about their health, such as cancer, etc.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 04:48 PM
    True, but come on now that is no excuse for what I have been reading. A semi intelligent person has some concept about where body parts go . Morality is universal
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 04:50 PM
    No, you are not the only one concerned. J_9 has a valid point. We do not know where these young people are from, what their culture holds in teaching sex ed, or what their family attitudes are. I know the last person I could have gone to was my Mother.

Still, it is sad to see some of these young people taking risks that can place them in such a dangerous position.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 04:51 PM
    I won't disagree with you on the morality issue, I am with you 100% there.

But on the health issue there are very many cultural differences that we do not take into accout due to being raised in the western civilization.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 08:30 PM
    I'm more surprised that the same health questions are being asked over and over again - it's like people aren't reading the posts before creating a new thread. Or the sticky for that matter!

I was thinking the same thing though, that is seems a lot of people on here are not familiar with their own bodies, but, as it has been pointed out, different cultures mean different educations. Either way, it is a little scary so many young people (and older) are learning about their bodies on the internet...
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Jun 4, 2007, 02:24 AM
    This does not come as a surprise to , such things was already prophecied in the bible, so its actually old news.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Today he saw me [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I and my boyfriend had a quarrel before 20 days... he has a jewellery showroom right in front of my house... he comes there everyday... last 20 days he didn't even look at my window... but today... when I was opening my cupboard I saw him staring at my window... he does not know the...

UK who got snow today then? [ 7 Answers ]

Well I woke to a dusting but I know its fell in other places so how much did you get? I have to say the sky is white today so who know's Millie might get to see real snow...

I had court today! [ 1 Answers ]

My sons father was brought in to the courtroom in an orange suit and shackles. He is disgusting. Anyway, he fought me on legal custody. The judge ordered me to have sole custody until the issue is (hopefully) resolved in mediation. The father wanted his name changed and I said no. The judge ordered...

Are women in charge of youth problem [ 4 Answers ]

"The position of women in society has changed markedly in the last twenty years. Many of the problems young people now experience, such as juvenule delinquency, arise from the fact that many married women now work and are not at home to care for their children." :throwball: What do you think...

View more questions Search