Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seamer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 01:50 PM
    victoria bitter
    I am searching for anywhere in the US that you can find Victoria Bitter. My husband has recently moved from Australia and is missing that almost as much as hs family! I heard rumors of a pub in New York. Anyone have any idea of somewhere in the west coast?
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 3, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Try here
    The Beer Store :: Buy Victoria Bitter (Carlton & United Breweries) - Buy Beer Online, Australia

You can try here too, but it is a UK site, so not sure if you can get it in the US.
    Buy wine online with Surf4Wine > Victoria Bitter, Carlton & United Breweries
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Around where I live, and that would be in the upper Midwestern U.S. there is a restaurant that is mainly an establishment that serves pizzas. However, they have over one hundred varieties of beers from around the world. I bet if you find an Old Chicago Pizza on the west coast, that you are likely to find Victoria Bitter there.

Here is a link to the addresses of a couple Old Chicago Pizza resaurants in California old chicago pizza novato, CA - Google Search
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 02:27 PM
    I also found some interesting information on the following site that may be of help to you.

Australian Restaurants in America | Benjamin Christie Australian Celebrity Chef from TV Cooking Show Dining Downunder Blog
    badubs7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 02:26 PM
    VB is not available to be purchased by the general public in the USA and due to the laws of the Food & Drug Administration and US Customs it is not possible to arrange personal shipments. Product requires additional labelling including the Surgeon General's Warning, in some states a license is required to receive alcohol and import tariffs are charged at a Federal & State levels which along with shipping costs makes the consignment very expensive. For these reasons we do not arrange personal deliveries and can only advise that it is a very difficult exercise.

Foster's strategy at this time does not include the distribution of VB in the USA.
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 02:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by badubs7
    VB is not available to be purchased by the general public in the USA and due to the laws of the Food & Drug Administration and US Customs it is not possible to arrange personal shipments. Product requires additional labelling including the Surgeon General's Warning, in some states a license is required to receive alcohol and import tariffs are charged at a Federal & State levels which along with shipping costs makes the consignment very expensive. For these reasons we do not arrange personal deliveries and can only advise that it is a very difficult exercise.

Foster's strategy at this time does not include the distribution of VB in the USA.
    Thank you for the information. What is your source of the information, please?
    badubs7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Thank you for the information. What is your source of the information, please?
    VB's Parent company, Fosters' Website. I wish this wasn't true. One of my favorites too.
    mookiewilson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 03:52 PM
    VB is available in the US! The only problem is they won't ship it. The store is in San Francisco CA. They started selling it at the end of February of this year. The store is Cellar 360 in the Ghirardelli Square,900 North Point,Suite F301. 415-440-0772. I was in Mooloolaba,Queensland for 3 months, and that all I drank. Ive been trying to get it here but haven't been able to. Im stuck on the east coast. Hope you get the chance to enjoy an ice cold VB, "FOR THAT HARD EARNED TASTE!
    sawyer212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Anyone know of anywhere in NYC that you can get VB?
    vincentv7927 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2009, 03:12 PM
    My cousin flew in from his vacation in australia. He brought me a 12 pack. I have a couple left. I can a couple to you if you'd like.
    JesseV Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 02:23 PM
    The ONLY way to get it in the U.S. is to get it from Cellar 360. They will ship it directly to you, although it is pretty expensive, (if you get the bottles). A case is $38, to ship the bottles they have to wrap each individual bottle, the total cost is around $80. Or, you can pick it up from S.F. if you buy a minimum of 2 cases. I love the beer and have done a lot of research!
    SWIFTMC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 09:08 PM
    I just picked up two flats of VB this week in San Francisco at Cellar 360, A few posts above is the contact information. When you get to their home page click on tasting room and in the middle of the page you will see that wonderful VB label. Click on that, become a member of the VB club and they will contact you when they have some available. When they do they can reserve you three flats. They only had two when I went but I couldn't waite for them to get back to me so I took a chance. Two twelve packs run about $80.00 US. Enjoy I know I am.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2009, 03:59 AM

Two twelve packs run about $80.00 US
    OUCH!!

Cheaper just to move to Aus I think.
    hernamf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2009, 09:08 PM
    vincentv7927... If you still have a couple of Victoria Bitter's for sale, I'll take them.

Mike Hernandez
    [email protected]
    SnowMon Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2010, 06:17 PM
    Actually... you CAN buy VB in the USA :D

Cellar360 San Francisco
    Woolen Mill Building at Ghirardelli Square
    900 Northpoint, Suite F301
    San Francisco, California 94109
    (415) 440-0772
    (866) 236-8863
    Www.Cellar360.com

You can have it shipped as well I believe, through them.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2010, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowMon View Post
    Actually... you CAN buy VB in the USA :D

Cellar360 San Francisco
    Woolen Mill Building at Ghirardelli Square
    900 Northpoint, Suite F301
    San Francisco, California 94109
    (415) 440-0772
    (866) 236-8863
    Cellar360

You can have it shipped as well I believe, through them.
    Nice to know:) but the question was in 2007:eek:
    SnowMon Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2010, 08:11 AM

Lol... well... I was looking for it as well... found it... then found this question :|

Cheers though! With yet ANOTHER VB :D
    bkonig Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2010, 06:59 AM
    Cellar360 does not ship their way OVERPRICED VB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Victoria Bitter theme music [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can get the VB theme music as an mp3 file?

Bitter hurt [ 20 Answers ]

I'm totally confused remember me? The one who was with jim for 8 years? Well a few days ago he ran into a male friend of mine and told him to stay away from me or else he will kill him. Now we have been broken up (remember over his sons girlfriend) for 3 months now and its still in his head we are...

View more questions Search