Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Jun 3, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Helps Needed
    Hey peeps, how's things?

OK so me and my ex have been split for 6weeks now, isn't heard from her in ages but here's the deal, recently I've been talking to another girl.

She's really great, I enjoy talking to her and it reminds me of the way me and my ex used to be at the start. This girl wants to meet up and go for drinks but the only problem is I'm still in love with my ex, I don't know what to do!

No matter how hard I try I can't help but feel that one day she mite want me back, I know its only a pipe dream but as long as that thought is there how can I go with another girl.

Should I go out with this girl and see what happens?

Thanks
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 3, 2007, 02:14 PM
    If you really like this girl, you won't go out with her right now. You should wait until you are over your ex. You don't want to rebound on someone you may end up really liking, because it rarely ever works out well. Tell this girl that you would love to go out sometime, but since you are post break-up you need to give it some more time. If she really likes you, she will understand what you are saying. If you try to go out as friends, she will end up being your shoulder to cry on and you will talk about your past relationship with the new girl. You don't want to paste her into a strictly friend corner either, especiallu if there is some chemistry there. Odds are you and your ex will not get back together, remember you broke up for a reason. You should not avoid dating to hold out for her, avoid dating because you really aren't ready to get serious again.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 03:27 PM
    Can't you see by holding on to pipe dreams, you only get stuck, and watch as life goes by without you?? You could be missing out on the thrill of a lifetime, and will never know, because you are STUCK. Get off the sidelines and get over yourself. Move on and don't look back!!
    Juiicy Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 06:25 PM
    U need 2 get over your x, if u don't and go out with this new girl... you don't want her to be known as your rebound.. because what if she ends up being the 1... u know
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Id forget about all girls until you can get yourself in order and being to feel happy again.

Don't hold onto the past. As hard as it is you just have to realise she has gone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good Story that Helps [ 5 Answers ]

Enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine with a friend. A MAYONNAISE JAR AND 2 CUPS OF COFFEE When things in your life seem almost too much to Handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, Remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 cups of coffee. A professor stood before his...

Eeeps! Helps! [ 5 Answers ]

This is my first time on this site and really thankful I found it... but anyway on to my question... I've known this one guy for over 5 years already and we're closer than most. (I know this sounds like the old cliche' friends getting together idea but it's not all that great) moving on,...

I hope this helps [ 2 Answers ]

There are so many different furnaces over the years you wouldn't believe it. Knowing the efficiency, age and make is very helpful to a service man. The model numbers are not so helpful as we can't remember them all anyway nor do we try. So if you want to get a more quick more factual diagnosis...

Need helps... Financial statement [ 3 Answers ]

This is the trial balance Debit (₤) Credit (₤) Bank 5,163 Buildings 55,000 Van 4,000 Shop fittings 5,200 Equipment 1,000 Capital ...

View more questions Search