Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joe_A Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 12:47 PM
    USB/driver/camera interface not working
    Hello,

I have a Sony Cybershot digital that I am trying to use with an Acer Aspire 5050 laptop. I thought that Windows XP had drivers built in so that when you connected a USB device, it would show up in My Computer like a mass storage device. ANyway, long story short, I cannot get my camera to interface with the laptop, whether I install the camera software I or not. Then, on a hunch, I tried to connect a memory stick, and my laptop could not read that either. I reinstalled XP SP2, but that did not do the trick. Please help. Thanks.
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Jun 3, 2007, 01:11 PM
    It's more likely to be a problem with your USB port. Did you try plugging in to all the ports?

Jun 3, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Yes, allthree USB ports behave the same way.
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Jun 3, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Go into Device Manager and look at "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" (USB), if there is an error it should show up.

Jun 3, 2007, 03:43 PM
    No USB errors or any other errors in the Device Manager.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jun 4, 2007, 09:09 AM
    If you want it to show up as mass storage device, perhaps there is a setting in the camera menus?

I have an old Sony floppy disk camera, that needs to be turned on, after plugging in the usb, Maybe it's the same with yours?

Try plugging in other usb devices to test the ports.

I assume your laptop has built-in memory card reader, try another different memory card.

Jun 5, 2007, 08:18 AM
    I don't necessarily want it to show up as a mass storage device, I just want it to show up period. I do not have a memory card reader for that sizememory card. I believe this is a USB driver problem as my USB flash drive cannot be read either.

Jun 7, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Okay, here is some more information that may help. I plugged in the camera (via USB) to two other computers, and it showed up both times immediately. I tried all three USB ports on my computer, and a new hardware wizard shows up wanting to search the internet for software. I believe it may be a USB driver problem, but I do not know. Ideas?
    ZEEKAIND Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2011, 08:01 AM
    USB port always trouble I have also same problem my web cam won't working :( try try again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB not working after service pack 2 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a little problem with my laptop TCM Cytron MD40200, motherboard ACPI\PNP0C02. I had XP Professional installed and everything worked OK but as soon as I installed service pack to the usb would not recognize any of the devices I would plug into it. I thought I needed to update...

SAMSUNG Q25 USB Ports not working [ 2 Answers ]

We have a laptop (SAMSUNG Q25 Model) and we were using it for about an year without any problems. And suddenly now there some problem with its USB ports. All the USB ports in the laptop are detected and installed, but when I connect a flash disk or mouse or keyboard, it doesn't detect any of...

Graphical user interface [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there I would like you to answer this question in around 1000-1500 words. Explain why graphical user interface helps in human-computer interaction?

USB 2.0 not working in Windows XP [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having trouble getting an Intel USB 2.0 hub accepted by windows XP but the hub itself will operate at USB 1 speeds (ie Windows accepts it as a USB port, it just operates at the slower rate and gives me warnings when I fit USB 2 hardware into it (like thumb drives) that the drive will only...

View more questions Search