Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caspwood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Didn't get invite but expected to show up
    We received a graduation announcement for our nephew. No other information was given about a party or dinner out, nothing. We come to find out that our inlaws are very upset with us because we did not call them to find out what the plan was for after the graduation and because we were not informed, we did not show up to the restaurant where the rest of the immediate family met to celebrate the graduate. Are we at fault here for not calling them to get the details on the "after celebration"? Or should the parents or the graduate himself be responsible for contacting those he wanted at his celebration?

Maybe I should also add that we told our brother-in-law on Mother's Day that he just needed to let us know what the plans were and we'd be happy to attend, that we would not make the graduation itself due to another graduation party family invite (other side of the family). Then, 1 day before the graduation, I spoke with another family member and she said that everyone might be going to Olive Garden and that we would get a call as to where to meet. We ended up calling oursevles after leaving the 1st graduation party in order to make this celebration, and find out that the dinner was at a Longhorns and everyone had been there for over an hour. No seats were saved for us. We got the distinct impression that a concerted attempt was made to not include us, yet here we are being made out to be the bad guys. I don't get it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 12:17 PM
    You are at no fault , unless you are a fortune teller by profession.

They should have called and invited you and gave you the details, they need to tell you they are sorry.
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

Jun 3, 2007, 02:18 PM
    You were not invited.
    So how could you now.
    End of story.
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jun 4, 2007, 12:02 PM
    You aren't psychic, and it is not the guests responsibility to call and find out what they may or may not be invited to, or when and where to show up. I am not sure of their motivations, but it is a rude thing to do to you and certainly making you out to have done something wrong is ridiculous.
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 12:50 PM
    I would not say that you are at fault, but myself coming from a very close family, when we don't know what's going on, we ask. I think you should have asked maybe "Hey, what's the family doing after graduation?" but you shouldn't be blamed for not going if you weren't informed.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2007, 01:48 PM
    You are not the "bad guys" in this. You are not responsible for someone else's huge error here. How in the world were you supposed to know? I would say to forget about this, ignore any nasty comments and go on with your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bright red bleeding 12 days before expected [ 1 Answers ]

I took my first BC pill, missed the second, took the third, missed the fourth, took the fifth and sixth, and then stopped taking them. I had unprotected sex four times during that time. My period would normally be due May 18, but today I had bright red (usually I have dark red) blood that came on...

Bachelor Party Vs Wedding Invite [ 11 Answers ]

Hello All- I was invited to an old friends "destination" bachelor party in Costa Rica. He was my roommate from 04-06 and we were close. After he meet his now fiancé, he moved out and shunned most of his friends for her. The wedding is in August and I was not invited. He snubbed several of...

She's not what I expected [ 26 Answers ]

I'm 20 yrs old. I fell absolutely in love with a young girl by accident. I felt too young (-4 yrs) but couldn't help my feelings. She told me everything I ever wanted to hear as if she read a book about me. I can read people very easily, but not her (at first). Almost two years went by of what...

Statistics@ Jar of coins expected value [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: there is a jar of coins where after much discussion and taking the guesses for each person in the class, you arrive at the conclusion that the probability distribution for the number of coins is normal with a 160mean + a standard deviation of 60 coins. What guess should the class...

View more questions Search