Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chanelle Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Gaining muscle
    When I lose weight I do some weight training too but if I continue will I be really bulky like a guy??
    stargazer10 Posts: 68, Reputation: 6

Jun 3, 2007, 11:22 AM
    It depends. If you are using body weight and only twice a week you should be okay. If you are lifting heavy weights with a few reps for each set rather than 10 or 15 reps per set then maybe.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 03:59 PM
    You could try-but I'd really doubt if you could do that many reps and weight addition to become as bulky as a guy-you would need a higher amount of androgenising hormones in your system to get that way.

Shoert answer-no you will be fine. Weights are actually good for women-research shows that this may help to avoid osteoporosis in your later post-menopausal years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I gaining weight? [ 5 Answers ]

About a month ago I decided I need to lose weight, I have started walking 30min a day 5x a week, stopped eating fast food, junk food and drinking soda. I eat breakfast now rather than skip it I sip on water all day about 6-8 glasses and I have been eating pretty healthy food (lots of fruits and...

My Chihuahua is not gaining weight [ 2 Answers ]

I have a six mon. old chihuahua that is gaining weight very slowly. She weigh in at 15oz. Her legs is long and her vet says there is non-thing wrong with her she a healthy little pup. Can any tell me is this normal.

Can't lose, not gaining [ 4 Answers ]

OK... I've had four kids (10, 8, 4 and 2 1/2 years of age), I'm 5'3" and 33 yearls old... at present I weigh 165... I do pretty good eating healthy, try to incorporate lost of fruit/vegetables in my diet and drink plenty of H2O... I do work out... not religiously, but I usually walk at least 2miles...

Why am I not gaining weight [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have been lifting weights for about two month now eating good healthy food, and taking protein shakes at least three times a day. The problem is I am not gaining weight I am in fact losing weight. Why? I am lifting three days a week for at least an hour a day if not longer, but I am not...

View more questions Search