Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chanelle Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Losing weight in a short amount of time?
    Hi, I want to lose weight but I can't seem to lose it as fast as I started to a month ago. I wanted to lose weight for the summer but summer is almost here what can I do??
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 3, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Proper diet and exercise.

And please, just post one post about this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 12:26 PM
    You will always lose weight faster at first, but proper weight loss is not a fast thing, as noted eating properly, and exercise is the only right way.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 12:44 PM
    I once lost over 20 pounds in about a month-and-a-half. I did it by exercising like crazy and not eating anything over 4 grams of fat.

However, I may have looked much better, but I didn't feel very good. It is best to lose weight gradually.

From: Calorie Control Council | Healthy Weight Calculator

"Most health professionals recommend slow weight loss as the safest and most effective approach. A sensible weight-loss program allows you to lose weight gradually -- about one-half to one pound per week. Gradual weight loss promotes long-term loss of body fat, not just water weight that can be quickly regained.

To lose one pound, a person must burn 3,500 calories more than are consumed (500 calories per day over the course of a week). For example, reducing calories by 300 per day and increasing daily activity to burn off an additional 200 calories should result in a weight loss of one pound per week."
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Are you at the proper weight according to a normal healthy weight. If you are you should not try to lose more.

Healthy eating, vegetables and fruits and greens.

Exercise and lots of water.

P.S. Weight loss done quickly will only turn around and bite you in the butt. You will end up gaining weight back and more of it. Many people I am sure will agree with that. It is a slow process and something that should not be rushed if you want to remain healthy.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not losing weight [ 21 Answers ]

I have a problem, I am NOT losing wieght. I have been eating aroudn 1200 calories a day for over two months. I am NOT cheating or forgetting to count anything that goes into my mouth. I have started weight training 3 days a week and I am on my 7th week. I thought I had finally lost 3 pounds to...

Losing weight! :) [ 1 Answers ]

I have been walking briskly for 2 weeks and have lost 8 pounds (down to 135):D I have also been eating healtier, which definetlly has been working. I still have these "love handles" that I would love to get rid of, (leaving to go to the beach for Memorial Day weekend) I know there is no spot...

Not losing weight [ 4 Answers ]

I 5'11, weigh 232lbs trying to get to 185lbs. 45 yrs old male... my bmi is 32 My supplements are : mens vitmins, hydroxcut, flax seed tablets, fish oil tablets, fiber tablets.. My daily calories are 1200, but I burn off 900-1700 calories daily walking up to 30 min -1 hr I drink approx 5...

Losing too much weight! [ 4 Answers ]

Ive always been a skinny girl, like most in my family. Ive had two children which was the only times Ive ever gained weight. I love to eat, but never gain a pound, which is good, but normaly Im a size 5, pretty small. Now Im going down to a size 3 which I haven't been since middle school and Im now...

Losing weight [ 2 Answers ]

In school, my health teacher is talking about us losing weight and healthfully and my mom was skinnier than me when she was my age I'm in 7th grd and my mom was 80-90 lbs and I'm different I'm 110-112lbs and I'm average but I'm skinny a lot of people say I'm skinny I'm always on the computer,...

View more questions Search