Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mastermagican Posts: 66, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2007, 09:40 AM
    My Grandpa
    My garndpa just died I can't stop thinking about him we been together for a long time.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 02:16 AM
    Dear mastermagician,

I am so sorry that your grandpa died. I am sure that it is really hard on you because you were so close.

It's tough when someone dies. Death is a part of life. That fact is something that we all must face with courage.

The good thing is, is that you still have the thoughts of what kind of person he was and the memories of the good times that you shared together as well as the good things that he did. Cherish them by talking about them with your family and friends. By doing that, it helps to keep the memory of him alive for you and the others who loved him. It will also help you to work through the grieving about his being gone.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2007, 03:30 AM
    I was just wondering. How you are doing now?
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Jun 5, 2007, 04:00 AM
    My grandfather died a year ago. I deff know what its like to lose family. I was close to my grandfather too. I lived with him for a year. We did'nt get along all the time, older people tend to be stubborn in their ways of thinking. So the two generations clash. Hopefully you got along well with your grandfather. My grandfather died within a month or two of being sick. It was sudden and when things happen so fast it makes it all that much harded to cope with. Can you believe the day he got sick was on Thanksgiving? Sad really. A day to give thanks, but for what? Next day he was in the hospital and soon after in a home and by the end came he didn't know who I was. In two-three months time. I hope you have nothing but good memories of him. Hopefully you also have family to support you through this. My family broke apart due to inheritances and money issues. Not a good thing and sad really that a family breaks up because of pettyness and right after a family member dies. I hope your family sticks together and becomes closer. I know what its like, it takes some time, but after a few months dealing with it get's easier. Good luck and I'm sorry for your loss.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2007, 04:17 AM
    Am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Mine died 40 years ago and still there are some wonderful memories that keep him close in my heart. You also have tender and loving memories of your Grandpa. You will never want to forget that special bond you two shared. Have you thought of writing those down, as in a journal or notebook? Adding photos to them. It would be a way of preserving memories and also help you through the grief you are going through. Talk to people; family, friends, your clergy, school counselor, etc. They can provide comfort to you and help you understand that your Grandpa's passing, while very painful for you, is part of the natural process of life.

Right now you are going through a very tough time. I would like to say that it does not last long, but everyone is different. We do not all heal at the same time or in the same way, but we do heal. My prayers are with you and your family.

I will leave you with some resources:
    Grief Support For Children and Teens -The Healing Place Helps When Dealing With Death and Loss of Loved Ones (read about understanding grief)
    Dealing with grief and the loss of a loved one

Take care and God bless.
    mag oblivious Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Jul 2, 2007, 01:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermagican
    My garndpa just died I can't stop thinking about him we been together for a long time.
    That's normal, and part of the greiving process. It's good to have all those happy memories of your grandpa. Think of all the good times you had together. That should help you. When you think of him, think of something funny he said or did, then you'll get a smile on your face because of it.
    yoitzlisa Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

Jul 21, 2007, 11:53 PM
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear that mastermagican ;[ I hope you get happier soon
    CiaraAngel19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 09:51 PM
    I feel the same way about mine. He died before Christmas 2 years ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search