Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doomfree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2005, 10:38 PM
    Suicide??
    I'm so depressed and I feel like no one will be able to help me. :( I so badly want to end my life but I don't know if I will end up killing myself or not. I AM SO CONFUSED!! :confused: Will I really end up actually killing myself or will I pull through?
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

May 22, 2005, 03:48 AM
    I was on the edge too, when I was younger. I nearly jumped off a building about 60 feet tall. Everything that I did ended up bad... my parents were screaming at me all the time, I had problems in school. Everything seemed so down.

Luckily, one of my friends saw me considering it and talked me out of it. Yesterday I had such a wonderful time with my girl... we somehow got to the subject of suicide. I then thought to myself - if I had jumped off that building, I would have never met her. And I just cannot describe how wonderful I felt yesterday with her. Made me want to kick myself for even considering to jump back in my days.

Anyway, don't do it... so many wonderful things WILL happen in your life... as long as you don't kill yourself. No matter how tough it is to believe in it RIGHT NOW, I guarantee your depression will pass, and you will enjoy life once again.

Take care...
    FairyWings Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2005, 08:45 PM
    No, you will not. Deep down you know that no matter how bad it is now, there is something else to come. Of course it won't always be great, but there will be more wonderful days than not. When you can, talk to your doctor about chemical depression symptoms. Until then, just think of every morning as a opening a book, don't you won't to find out what happens in this chapter? If it turns out not to be so great, remember as you go to bed, that tomorrow, maybe it'll be the chapter that solves the mystery! The bad will pass even though it seems unending. I will honestly pray for you. Please let me know how you're doing. ;)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2005, 06:13 AM
    Depression
    Hi,
    The very best way of getting rid of depression at a young age is to talk with others; I mean, really talk in person... not typing on a computer.
    Get out, meet some new people.
    Get your mind off whatever problems you have now, and listen to others talk about themselves. Being a good listener means that you will become involved with others, getting your mind off what is bothering you at this time.
    Growing up is hard, with not knowing what to do. But, talking about it makes it better. Are there things you like to do as hobbies? Maybe bowling? Fishing? Other things? Check it out... be with others.
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Oct 26, 2005, 11:39 AM
    Suicide?
    When this sort of feeling comes over one it is because you are at a major crossroad in your life. And sometimes this is a hard place to be because crossroads are a time of uncertainty, of a not sure time about myself and those around me. And we always like to be in the know! Sometimes it only lasts a day or 2 no biggy. But when it seems to go on for a week or more we feel at a loss. This might seem like not a long time to some. But when you are in the throes of it it is an eternity. And no answer no ,outside help, no knight in shining armour to wake you from your dreams(nightmares) you feel lost, stuck, isn't any body trying to find me doesn't any body care.
    But this is a real feeling and it is happening for a very real reason. Maybe you are alone, maybe your are being neglected, maybe your life really needs to change... And it always does!!
    We are creatures of energy. We are at our best when we are being creative, action. And to not do, is hard very very hard to some, especially if that is your gift.
    This feeling comes always at the moment you swear you can't take it any longer, you just can't go on. And then bang! You turn a corner and like the previous post , you meet the partner of your dreams. Or the very thing you needed to save you will be there. Or a whole new way of life!
    Change is hard on every one. No One likes change especially at a time when it seems everything is going your way. And when its not going your way, when you have to face the fact that you have no control over it. That really sucks! If the change is at someone else's hands, say a child of divorce can't understand why it has to be, the whole world revolved around me before why not now. Well, the sad truth is that it was never about us, and other people built us up one way or another to take this fall sooner or later by making themselves feel better at our expense.
    If we learned early in life that our life really is not in our own hands or our parents. He (God) calls us he chose our gift and what we will bring to this earth family, not any one else. If we learned to ROW, ROW, ROW your boat gently down the stream, go with the flow instead of fighting the current or fate or God Will, all the time we would see life from a whole new angle.
    Imagine Jesus being like one of us. What if he didn't want to except his fate on the cross? He knew all along what would happen to him ,who would betray him. And what the result would be, a terrrible painful death and how his mother would suffer. Now if he were like us, he would whine and complain the whole way, avoid it, run away, use drugs habitually, drink excessively. After all why keep a clean body Im going to die any way. Why get along with society and preach love your enemies and healing when Im going to die any way? Peace ranieri
    turtlegirl16 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 02:08 PM
    [QUOTE=CroCivic91;28216]I was on the edge too, when I was younger. I nearly jumped off a building about 60 feet tall. Everything that I did ended up bad... my parents were screaming at me all the time, I had problems in school. Everything seemed so down.

This is exactly what happened to me. I was cutting myself too, then one time I was talking to my friend Brandon he found out that I was cutting. I told him how I felt and he talked me out of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Was it suicide or murder? [ 21 Answers ]

Since the psychics who've responded to my questions on this forum have been so very helpful, I'd like to ask you to help me out one last time on something much more important than anything I've asked to date: Did my sister-in-law really commit suicide as the coroner's office has reported to us, or...

On suicide [ 3 Answers ]

Is it normal to from time to time think about death or suicide? With all the problems the world have, do people think and say" is not worth it, might as well get it over with"? I mean we all have our ups and downs

Suicide [ 26 Answers ]

I know that this probably is not the correct fourm for this, but I know that it is a highly answered forum so I hope you don't mind me posting my question here, but I am in desperate need of advice. My friend tried to commit suicide on Thursday night last, she was my best friend for a few years...

Suicide [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, we are a group of students currently working on an important project, on suicide inducing lyrics. Our stand is that the suicide victims were already in a state of mental/emotional instability, and their death was not directly influenced by the lyrics. Would you be able to offer any...

Abuse and suicide [ 16 Answers ]

I'm 18, I was sexually abused by my dad for a long time. It wasn't just my dad but his friends. My mum knew about this and did nothing and it is never spoke of. I can't bring myself to tell anyone about this! The feelings have got worse as I have just found out my dad has died, I lost contact...

View more questions Search