Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superkid778 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Jun 2, 2007, 10:00 PM
    Carb problem on briggs 16hp MTD
    I have a MTD 42inch Briggs 16.5hp twin cyl. Riding mower. The carb was just rebuilt and it will not run. If I pour gas down the carb, it will fire right up, then die when the fuel runs out. It is like gas is not getting past the diaphram on the front of the carb. where the gas line feeds into the carb. What do I need to look at and how do I solve this problem?

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs & Stratton 16hp vanguard [ 11 Answers ]

I have a simplicity mower (1998) with a 16hp vertical shaft vanguard v-twin engine (303777 1111-51). Yesterday, after running the mower with turbo bagger attachment (a little extra load on the engine), for about 20 minutes, I idled back the engine and it began belching large clouds of blue/white...

Briggs 16HP L-Head 401707 0131-01 78011812 [ 2 Answers ]

Help! :confused: I have a Briggs 16HP L-Head 12V electric start motor (401707 0131-01 78011812) that was given to me. I want to put it on my current riding mower but all the wires have been cut and the bitter ends are just hanging from different places on the motor. I've been able to...

16HP Briggs Stratton Problem with oil [ 4 Answers ]

What could possibly cause oil to soak spark plug. What's busted to let the oil into the cylinder? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks Timid Soul

Another 16HP Briggs Stratton Problem with oil [ 6 Answers ]

I over oiled my 16HP briggs. I looked online for some help and changed the sparkplugs and oil. The tractor still runs, but I get white smoke out of the exhaust. Will the smoke "burn Off" or should I replace the exhaust. The engine is a 402700 B&S from 1988. Looking for some answers. Thank you.

Briggs & stratton 16hp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Cub Cadet which had a 16hp BS motor with points. It went bad so I found another 16hp BS that does not have points, it has the magnetron ignition. I am having trouble getting it to fire, is there something that I need to change to the wiring to make it fire. The magnetron engine came...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.