Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RcFlash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Help, I have removed the shower tray and am having trouble removing the shower drain
    From the main PVC line can't get a good gripe on the drain. And can't use pipe wrench.
    Any ideas? Thank you. Flash
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 2, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Flash, this should be a separate question not tied to Kevin's issue. It gets confusing when ywe try to respond. Try your own post, youu'll get more respones. Is you drain PVC? If so it may be glued.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 2, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RcFlash
    Help, I have removed the shower tray and am having trouble removing the shower drain
    from the main PVC line can't get a good gripe on the drain. and can't use pipe wrench.
    Any ideas? thank you. Flash
    Hi flash,

A PVC shower drain's glued to the PVC trap raiser and will have to be cut out.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Caulk PVC shower drain [ 8 Answers ]

I just installed an acrylic shower base and an initial test reveals a leak between the drain body and the drain pipe. The drain body just presses over the drain pipe and squeezes through the rubber caulking gasket, so there is nothing to tighten internally once the drain pipe is in. Can anyone...

PVC shower drain leaked after 8months of non use [ 3 Answers ]

One shower in our house had not been used in 8 months and when I took a five minute shower, had some minor dripping from the pvc drain pipe onto the unfinished laundry room directly below the drain. Do you think this is from unuse of the shower, expansion contraction, some combination thereof? ...

PVC Shower Pan Drain Installation [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a 36" x 36" PVC shower pan in a 2nd floor bath. I have a two piece shower drain where the bottom piece is glued to the 2" PVC waste line. It appears that I'm to glue the bottom piece flush with the subfloor, lay in the pan, and screw down the top of the drain (w/ rubber gasket). ...

How to remove shower drain strainer? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've been having some trouble lately with a persistent drain odor coming from the shower drain in our master bathroom. I've been trying to remove the drain strainer so I can access and clean out the vertical drain pipe/ tailpiece, but I haven't had much luck. Since there are no screws for...

Installing a PVC shower drain to cast iron [ 5 Answers ]

Hi - I was wondering if you could tell me what type of adhesive I would need to attach my PVC drain to the cast iron pipe, below the shower. I have no plumbing experience and am trying to do this myself to save some $. Thanks! :) OJ Bean

View more questions Search