Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmdawg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Summer Switch on Furnace- on or off in summer?
    I have an older model Carrier furnace for central heat in the basement; the AC unit is newer and outside. I noticed that the Carrier unit has a "Summer Switch". Should it be set to off during the summer months?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Is this a switch on your thermostat or on the compressor unit outside? On in summer.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 4, 2007, 09:37 AM
    The summer switch probably just allowes the blower to run all the time. I believe you can just leave it off.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 4, 2007, 01:16 PM
    We haven't heard back from Dawg but I have my blower run 24/7 year round. It keeps the three stories from getting stratified.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Safe Summer Vacation [ 2 Answers ]

What do I say to motivate youth to have a happy, safe and God filled summer vacation

Forensic Summer Camps! [ 1 Answers ]

This isn't really a question, but more of something that I thought everyone would be interested in, since this is a Forensic Science forum. I found these two great Summer Camps for Forensics for high school students, and I thought this would be the perfect place to share them with you! Union...

How a schoolgirl can earn during summer [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all. Perhaps anybody can give an advice to my 16-years sister... How can she earn some money at this summer in Toronto (Canada)? What way will be connected with lots of communication, rest and will be not ordinary?

F1-Student on CPT last summer [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am German and a student in NY state, on F1-visa. I did an internship last summer where I was on CPT and earned money (total approximately $ 4,200,00 ). Taxes were withheld by my employer. I never received any forms from my emplyer (no W2 or anything). I have never filed taxes in the US...

Work over the summer [ 2 Answers ]

I need to find a job over the summer. I am not an upper classman and I was wondering if anyone knew any good places for someone who is under 18 to work. And please, try to avoid Mc Donalds and Burger King.

View more questions Search