Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kay13 Posts: 103, Reputation: 22

Jun 2, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Still hung-up on your ex?
    Hi all, I've not posted for a while but this site was a life-line to me last year when my ex-husband was messing me about. He's now married and I worried that he would change for his new wife and she would get the life I wanted - I was assured that leopards don't change their spots and I want to share a story that proves the statement.

A few weeks ago I bumped into my first love, we were 18 when he dumped me (25 years ago!) I thought I would die, I loved him so much. At 18 he was good-looking, but knew it, he's now unrecognisable as the same guy (i.e. he's fat and bald!). We arranged to meet for a drink (for old times sake) and it was nice and friendly. He text me later that night to say he wanted to meet again and we arranged another date which he then cancelled. He suggested an alternative night but I already had plans with my children.

So, on the night in question I went out as planned and he bombarded me with texts saying he loved me and why was I messing him about? I didn't know I was, I just wouldn't let my children down for him. I stayed calm and answered as best I could. He then sent a text saying I hadn't changed in 25 years and I was still a fu*king liar(?) he's glad he dumped me and he's glad he hadn't shown me his house worth half a million plus his 250K in the bank - to which I replied that I was far richer than him because of my children and money didn't motivate me (he's never married or had kids or even held down a relationship). He then tried to trash my qualities as a mother!
    All this just because I wasn't dancing to his tune!

Although this abuse upset me at first, it suddenly dawned on me that he was the same jerk he was at 18 and had learned no lessons in life, he was just older and fatter!

So, if you're heartbroken at the moment don't despair - in 25 years time they will still be the same jerk that dumped you even if you don't recognise them, and you won't care a hoot! Look forward - you're not together for a reason.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2007, 10:02 AM
    I agree and thank you for reaffirming that for me. Am sorry you had to go through that but you came through in flying colors. You are so correct when you say, "you're not together for a reason."
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Jun 2, 2007, 10:44 AM
    "you're not together for a reason."

I love this sentence... how very true. At one given point in time, what we are losing seems most precious and as we grow, with life's experiences we realize there are other people in our lives who are so much more important to us than jerks... but u know what thanks to these jerks that we get life's important lessons and had these jerks not been there, we would not have been able to value life in other aspects as in children and other fulfilling relationships...

Jun 4, 2007, 09:33 AM
    I never thought I'd say thanks to an ex for dumping me, lets hope I feel the same way about my ex-husband, but sooner than 25 years please!
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 09:56 AM
    What a t*at...

Good job he did dump you, he did you a favour, yes, he was and is a Jerk by the sounds of it.

"you're not together for a reason.", you are right, that reason in your case is that he is a tw*t.

Jun 4, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Hi Geoff, best of it was he had the audacity to say he'd made the right decision in dumping me when he was 18! 'for me too' I answered, after which the tw*t ran out of ideas.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kay13
    Hi Geoff, best of it was he had the audacity to say he'd made the right decision in dumping me when he was 18! 'for me too' I answered, after which the tw*t ran out of ideas.
    Its because his life is most likely going bad and this was one rejection he could not take, but that is far from your problem.

Jun 4, 2007, 10:36 AM
    I think you've hit the nail on the head, his work is his life and I think I would have been a nice accessory for him. I guess I should feel sorry for him, but I just can't be bothered. It's a great feeling that I'm not the push-over I used to be!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wall Hung Sink Repair/Replace [ 6 Answers ]

I am a Landlord. I have a turn over that the bathroom sink was, sat on, leaned on, stood on. So what I have is the sink tilted down and pulled away from the wall. The caulking is hanging in mid air. To repair this? 1. I try tightening the bolts providing I can find them and there are bolts. ...

Re-plumbing a pre-hung door (already installed) [ 2 Answers ]

Several months ago I had a handyman replace a pre-hung entry door leading out to our deck. Last night I noticed a small water stain on the subfloor under one of the pieces of interior casing. I had to remove the casing to find the leak (latch side), and discovered there isn’t anything securing...

Long - not hung up, but confused [ 50 Answers ]

Entire story merged I meet the girl of my dreams at about this time last year and we end up going out for six bliss filled months. We take it slow and cautious, waiting to have sex, waiting to pop the love word for several months, but when we do commit it's something sudden, simultaneous and...

Changing from a wall hung toilet to a floor mounted one. [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in 1962 and has Case model 3000 wall hung toilets. I am remodeling one bathroom and have to change the plumbing over from wall hung to floor mount. The problem I have is that the current closet flange is mounted to a T with one side going to the sewer and the other going to the...

View more questions Search