Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tristarflyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Leaf guards
    Does anyone have any opinions on the leaf guards or gutter helmet products that are meant to keep debris out of the gutters? Which are the best at keeping out leaves and debris and easy to install and remove if needed as of my reading none of the products are perfect and need some maintenance from time to time.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jun 2, 2007, 09:32 AM
    K-guard Is A Brand Of Guttering That Lets Water In And Big Leafs And Also The Needle Leaf Flow Right By, But It Is Expensive To Buy. If You Looking To Just Keep You Old Gutters Then Id Sujest Some Pop In Screens , You Can Get Them At Lowe's Or Other Hardware Stores, They Hook On Inside Your Gutter And Lap Underneath You Shingles.

Most All The Gutter Guard Work To A Point , The Only Thing Ive Noticed Is Some Don't Stop The Smaller Leaves,
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2007, 09:33 AM
    For a low cost DIY solution look for the arched expanded metal that comes in 3' sections with a couple of clips to hold it to the gutter. I have had them on my house for about 10 years. Yes, I do still need to clean the inlet to the down spouts now and then. Much of my house is shaded by a relatively dirty osage orange tree.

My church has Gutter Helmet installed where it catches the worst from the filthy meta sequoia tree. It does a great job, but it too needs some cleaning. That means removing a whole bunch of screws. The expended metal sections I have just flip up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaf blower will not start [ 10 Answers ]

How do I get a 2 year old Craftsman leaf blower to start?

Gas Leaf Blower [ 5 Answers ]

I have a McCulloch 32cc Gas Blower.When I put the choke on it starts and then when I put it on run it dies out.

Arm Grabbing Security Guards Beijing Airport [ 5 Answers ]

Is it an acceptable custom for security guards to silently without any explanation grab people by the arm and move them to where they are supposed to be standing in China? Or is this just a Beijing airport security guard thing?

Security guards when pool is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Im on a pool committee where I live and we are trying to find out if it is a mandatory law to have a pool guard at night when the pool is closed we do have fences (gates) and are locked when closed but int past we have had people (Teens) jumping the high fences would we be liable for a accident or...

Turning over a new leaf [ 4 Answers ]

I am doing research for an upcoming sermon and would like to know if the saying "turning over a new leaf" is figurative or literal? Does something happen when you turn a leaf over? Is there a reason for doing it? Any info you can provide would be great.

View more questions Search