Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ferchak48 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 05:02 AM
    Unable to forward email attachments
    I have Microsoft Windows XP, home edition, version 2002, service pack 2
    When I receive a email and want to forward it with attachments; the receiver receives the email but there are NO attachments. Can you help?
    Nomdeplume Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ferchak48
    I have Microsoft Windows XP, home edition, version 2002, service pack 2
    When I receive a email and want to forward it with attachments; the receiver receives the email but there are NO attachments. Can you help?
    If the person you are forwarding your mail/attachments to is using Outlook Express then try the following to allow attachments to be read.
    1. open Outlook Express
    2. click on tools
    3. click on options
    4. click on security tab
    5. uncheck (click) on the box that says "do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

Alternatively, it is possible the "anti virus feature" within OE is blocking the attachments from being opened... read this article in MS support: Cannot open attachments in Microsoft Outlook

Dr Nom
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 10:18 AM
    You have not mentionned what you are using to send emails... Outlook or other, Windows itself does not send email.

Jun 5, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    You have not mentionned what you are using to send emails... Outlook or other, Windows itself does not send email.
    I am using earthlink.

Jun 5, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomdeplume
    If the person you are forwarding your mail/attachments to is using Outlook Express then try the following to allow attachments to be read.
    1. open Outlook Express
    2. click on tools
    3. click on options
    4. click on security tab
    5. uncheck (click) on the box that says "do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

Alternatively, it is possible the "anti virus feature" within OE is blocking the attachments from being opened...read this article in MS support: Cannot open attachments in Microsoft Outlook

Dr Nom
    I am using earthlink. Should I uncheck the box that says do not allow attchments to be saved or opened that could cause a virus?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email Attachments [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering whether anyone can help me with my problem... I have Windows 98SE with Outlook Express. All was fine with sending and receiving emails but a friend recently emailed me with some photos (as jpg attachments) but I have not received the email. Since then a few other emails...

Email Attachments [ 4 Answers ]

I AM UNABLE TO OPEN AN ATTACHMENT WHICH HAS PPS. My system Windows XP Email Monzilla Thunderbird.

Unable to read file header message when attempting to open jpeg attachments [ 7 Answers ]

I have been unable to open jpeg files that are attached to email for several days! I have tried both Thunderird and Outlook Express and have disabled the block on attachments. No luck! The problem seemed to start when I attempted to load WinFax Pro and had an incomplete installation then when...

Sending attachments in email [ 2 Answers ]

I scanned an article to a friend in email. It came through way too large in the body of her letter. When she tried clicking onto the pprclip to copy, nothing happened. What needs to be done on my end when I send an attachment so my scans show up normal printable size in the body of emails? I...

View more questions Search