Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juel1964 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 03:18 AM
    I've seen ghosts in my house
    Hi at around 2.30am every morning, my nephew saw in my lounge a young girl walking up and down in front of my fire, he thought at first he was imagining it, until he turned round and saw a man sitting at my table, my partner decided to sit with him in case he had dreamed but no it happened again but this time my pendulum clock started to violently swing, my house is only 11 years old and no one has ever died here, could anyone offer any explanation as to why this is happenning to us as its frightening my children to death. Julie
    DJSpooky Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 04:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by juel1964
    hi at around 2.30am every morning, my nephew saw in my lounge a young girl walking up and down infront of my fire, he thought at first he was imagining it, until he turned round and saw a man sitting at my table, my partner decided to sit with him incase he had dreamed but no it happened again but this time my pendulum clock started to violently swing, my house is only 11 years old and no one has ever died here, could anyone offer any explanation as to why this is happenning to us as its frightening my children to death. julie
    Not an expert on this but the house may only be 11 years old but obviously there would have been some other building there at some point in the past. I would look into the local history of your area at your local library as this might give you some evidence of what buildings used to be there.

I would also speak to a minister of a church to see if they would know someone who would perform an exorcism to make your visitors depart.

Hope that helps.
    xxbreezy Posts: 37, Reputation: 7

Jun 2, 2007, 07:48 AM
    I agree! It wasn't until we studied the grounds history around our home that we discovered who was haunting us. I had posted our summaries on here before I think. But to sum it up quickly for you, we live a few miles in NC from the Averasboro Battlefield that occurred in the Civil War. Come to find our... since I named our ghost Robert... that Major General Robert Hoke was very involved in the Civil War. We found out that the actual politics of the surrender, which was held in a farm house owned by a family named Bennett (Bennitt back in the day) This was the connection or so we believe. Our last name is Bennett. As soon as all this was discovered, Robert never appeared again in any form. So, it is important to explore the history of not just the home, but the grounds as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help ! Ghosts [ 23 Answers ]

My family has lived in a house for 15 years. It has been in the family for a long time. We have a lot of strange things happen. Doors slamming, electronic devices turning off, pictures falling off walls, and a spirit that only shows herself to my children. How can I find out who it might be?

Ghosts [ 14 Answers ]

Can ghosts harm you?

Are they ghosts? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, everyone. I really need someone to talk to who won't be biased regarding my thoughts. I'm in a relationship for 2 years now, Lester and I have a 6 month-0ld daughter and I've known him for over two years, too. I just came from a terrible, full of deception relationship from a 32 y/o man when...

Could ghosts jump from house to house? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking to purchase a lot and build a new house. I "googled" the name of the road where the lot is to and 10 web links came up for that road being one of the most haunted places in CT. It reads that there is a "white lady" that is in one of the houses on the road. She is not a mean...

Why I believe in ghosts [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: this a country song about a man who thought his love was dead and gone but at night it comes alive that's why I believe in ghosts

View more questions Search