Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purplelilmunster Posts: 22, Reputation: 6

Jun 2, 2007, 12:27 AM
    Never can sleep
    I posted before and from what I said before I still haven't gotten much better. I did get an apartment with a friend and I will move in, in August. So that is good. But I can't sleep. Ever. Some days I have to wake up early and I get painfull headaches through out the day but I still can't sleep at night. Latley I have been going to sleep at 4 or 5 in the morning... its taking a toll on me. I don't know what to do
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2007, 02:06 AM
    You are the one who is in control of your life. No one else can do this for you. If I were you, I would say to myself, am I in control of my problem or is it in control of me?

I sense by the things that you have posted that there is something else going on. What is it?

Going to bed and getting to sleep are easy chores if you discipline yourself to do them at the same time every night.

My response is just my opinion. I am hopeful that others will respond to your post. If they do, they will have their own insight to shed on the problem that you face.
    purplelilmunster Posts: 22, Reputation: 6

Jun 3, 2007, 09:43 PM
    If it were as easy as telling myself to sleep then I would be asleep right now... its not that simple. And you ask what is wrong... as of now really nothing... I have been strightening things out in my life I got a place and a car but the feelings I feel are the same. I still can't sleep and get headaches... I'm going to the doctor tomorroweven though I dread it a lot
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Jun 3, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Have you talked to your Doctor about taking Benadryl for sleep? You may need to consider taking sleeping pills at least for a while. Also, you might want to check out some of the natural products on the market - made from herbs and the like - that help you relax so you can go to sleep.

You did not say whether you are female, but women sometimes have insomnia during their monthly cycle. There are over the counter medicines for this type of insomnia.

Some other suggestions - keep a journal / calendar for any ideas that come to you so you can write down anything you have to do - this way you write it down and don't have to keep thinking about it, exercise during the day so that you can release some of that energy. Watch out for caffeine - some people don't realize how strong that can affect your sleep - coffee, coke, tea. Don't drink any after the morning as it could be affecting your sleep. Have you tried reading and listening to relaxing music before you go to sleep?

Another suggestion - some metaphysical stores sell meditation tapes that you listen to and that guide you into sleep. You can look online - one author Shakti Gawain has several tapes out that deal with relaxation and sleep. And there are others on the market. Just turn off the lights, relax and listen - you'll wake up the next morning.

And finally - could you be worried about something? Anxious? Could therapy be an option? Or if not therapy then a professional who offers hypnotherapy to resolve issues of sleep / insomnia.

Wishing you comfort, peace, harmony, and glorious sleep every day. Blessings.
    MayfairLady Posts: 147, Reputation: 23

Jul 11, 2007, 02:26 PM
    My friend had a similar problem. Every time she went to bed she would just start thinking and could never get over to sleep. She had nothing "wrong" with her as in worries, stress etc but still could never ever sleep. She went to her doctor who referred her to a sleep clinic. They monitored her at the sleep clinic over night and could not come up with any direct cause but said it was just "environmental issues" (whatever that means). Anyway she was prescribed a sleeping tablet which she takes every night and will not sleep unless she takes this. It is important for you to sort this out as sleep and lack of it can affect your mental health. Take action! All the best.
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Nov 13, 2009, 10:26 PM

It may be hormonal-man or woman. Theanine found in the health food store has helped me tremendously. There is no drowsiness all.

Look Theanine up on the internet. It's not too expensive. It's an amino acid found in green tea, w/o the caffeine.

If I can't sleep, it helps me, even if I wake up in the night. I take 200mg. Before I fall asleep. It won't leave you groggy, but refreshed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sleep [ 1 Answers ]

For some reason when I sleep (yes, just sleep) with my girlfriend, I can't sleep. I don't know what to do cause I have tried all I know to do. Even when I am exhausted from the day and have work early in the morning, it still won't happen. I end up being almost completely down the next day because...

Sleep [ 7 Answers ]

Is it true that you can die faster by not getting any sleep, then by not getting any food? I know this probably has been touched on before. Does anybody have any sleeping issues? Problems? Have you dealt with them or is it still haunting you. For me, sitting here on my computer, feeling...

Now she won't sleep at all [ 5 Answers ]

It has been a week of crate training so far for our 10 week old beagle. We had some problems with her pooping in her crate, found out she had worms and diharia, stool is now firm sometimes and super loose others. She is on a pill for her diharia and we gave her her worm pill last night. She is...

Sleep [ 12 Answers ]

I have a question that is for anyone who knows anything about sleep disorders or dream interpretations. Anyone think they can help?

View more questions Search