Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    willo808 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 11:18 PM
    Ceiling fan remote control coverting to light/fan dimmer
    I am currently remodeling my home and am coming across a major problem that NO ONE seems to have an answer for.

I have two ceiling fans that operate via remote control. The rest of the ones in my home are the popular "pull down" chains - and those work prefectly with the new fan/light dimmers that I installed.

The question I have is this: are the two remote control ceiling fans going to work well with the new fan/light dimmers that I plan on installing? One guy at Lowe's told me "no" another guy at Home Depot told me "yes". I really want all the rooms that have ceiling fans to have these fan/light dimmers, as they are really convenient. I know that you have to install some kind of remote adapter (comes include in the fan/light dimmer package) to each ceiling fan in order for the one switch to operate both the light and the fan, but how will it operate the speed of the remote control fan? Do I have to put it on full speed and brightest light setting in order to have it "memorized" before I install the dimmer in order to control it accordingly?

Please help!!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2007, 05:18 AM
    If it can't be bypassed or eliminated, sounds like it might work.
    I would make sure if you turn off breaker, and then back on, it still goes to full bright on light, and full speed on fan. Then try. Good luck.
    ceilingfanrepair may be providing useful info shortly. Take Care
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Ok, there are two ways they would work with the remote fans:

1. If the remote fans also have pullchains. Then, you can remote the remote receivers and install the receivers for the fan/light "dimmers".

2. If the fan/light "dimmers" are also RF (sounds like they are) you can try setting them to the same frequency as the remotes. You would then NOT install the receivers (remote adaptors) in these fans, as you would be already using the existing receivers.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote control on ceiling fan with a fluorescent light [ 4 Answers ]

I purchase a Home Depot ceiling fan with a fluorescent light. I bought a remote control for the fan but it cannot control the fluorescent light. Any thoughts on how I may reconfigure the wiring to use the remote? Thanks, Dan

Remote Control Light and Ceiling Fan [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I have just had two Omega Casablanca remote control Ceiling and Light fans fitted. My question I have noticed that when I use my microwave oven this will turn on the light or fan on these units, is this normal and how can I rectify the problem. Thanking you kindly, sarah 1:confused:

Remote-Control Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan/Light [ 1 Answers ]

We recently did some remodeling in the house to include some electrical and since then, our downstairs remote-control Hampton Bay ceiling fans no longer work. They worked yesterday (one day after the electrician left) and now only "click". What is going on and how do we fix this problem?

Hampton Bay Thermostatic Ceiling Fan and Light Remote Control [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a Thermostatic Celing Fan and Light Remote Control to go along with a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan. The fan works great, but when we try to hook up the remote it no longer works. The remote came with no instructions. I am wondering if anyone knows how to install it, or where I can find the...

Trouble with ceiling fan on a dual fan/light dimmer switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new Harbor Breeze ceiling fan and dual fan/light dimmer, also from Harbor Breeze. Unfortunately, now I'm scratching my head... Do I have a bad dimmer switch? Here's the problem: 1. The light will turn on only when the fan speed on the wall switch is set to high. 2. When...

View more questions Search