Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommygolds Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 09:25 PM
    Im hosting alone
    I am hosting a baby shower for my sister in law, I only know a few of her girls friends, and no one has offered to help me host. It is going to be a very large party as it is a co-ed party. Is it rude to ask someone if they would like to help me?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2007, 10:23 PM
    It would not be rude to ask for help. I am sure that you will find someone who is more than willing to help. Part of the human nature of a lot of people is they like to help. They are looking for those opportunities. If they haven't already volunteered, it's probably because they don't know that you need or want some help.

Because of the number of people who are expected to attend, it does look like the type of event where it will take more than one person to help with the hosting. I would suggest stating to potential persons to help you, starting with her girlfriends that you know, something like this: "Hi, (name)! I'm hosting the upcoming baby shower for (name). I really need some help for this because there are going to be so many people there. Would you be willing to help me?" If she agrees, then say something like, "Great!" These are the things that I need help with. Do you have any ideas how we might go about this? Or, (these things?)
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

Jun 3, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    It would not be rude to ask for help. I am sure that you will find someone who is more than willing to help. Part of the human nature of a lot of people is they like to help. They are looking for those opportunities. If they haven't already volunteered, it's probably because they don't know that you need or want some help.

Because of the number of people who are expected to attend, it does look like the type of event where it will take more than one person to help with the hosting. I would suggest stating to potential persons to help you, starting with her girlfriends that you know, something like this: "Hi, (name)! I'm hosting the upcoming baby shower for (name). I really need some help for this because there are going to be so many people there. Would you be willing to help me?" If she agrees, then say something like, "Great!" These are the things that I need help with. Do you have any ideas how we might go about this? Or, (these things?)
    Excellent suggestion !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dedicated Hosting [ 6 Answers ]

I know most "review" and "ranking" sites are a bit misleading in that they have affiliate links to the sites they list - and why sites are in their "top 10" is undisclosed. ... so looking for personal recommendations based on either your own personal experience or that of friends or other people...

Hosting advice [ 10 Answers ]

I have designed the webpage I want to use on an off the shelf package called webeasy, I have my domain name already but the hosting package offered is not that good. The website will be for property owners selling their own homes so I need quite a lot of space. I've been searching on Google all...

Good Hosting [ 12 Answers ]

Can anyone please suggest any good hosting companies for websites

Web hosting companies [ 18 Answers ]

Does anyone have any suggestions for a web hosting company. I need to know the pros and cons of both. I went ona site that listed a few of them and compared them. What do you think of these if oyu know them: Powweb - www.powweb.com Ipower - ipower.com Blue host - bluehost.com

Dns hosting? [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me What is the deference between domains with "dns hosthing" or without.

View more questions Search