Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Forgiven Posts: 35, Reputation: 7

Jun 1, 2007, 07:52 PM
    I need ideas for keeping my 6 y/o twins busy.
    I am a nanny for 6 year old twins. Today was the last day of school and I will be taking care of them full days after they have this week off for vacation. They are good kids but when they get bored they begin to pester each other. I need ideas for keeping them interested and not bored. They don't like TV very much. The boy likes sports and the girl likes arts and crafts but I can't keep them doing that all summer. I like a little variety myself. :)

However, if you have good ideas for arts and crafts or sports related activities, I would appreciate those too.

Thanks for your help!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2007, 09:49 PM
    Clough has given you some great sites. Here a couple more sites, a newsletter that is a freebie and a site from Supernanny.

Parenting advice, child development and family reference - FamilyEducation.com This is broken down into age brackets

Advice :: Travel, Play & Lifestyle
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Jun 1, 2007, 10:51 PM
    Thanks I have a 2 four year olds (one is my girlfriends the other mine) and they are wild maybe these will help

Jun 2, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Thanks so much! I have used some of those but some are new to me. Thank you so much!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2007, 06:59 AM
    There is also a site called FamilyCorner.com Magazine | Your online source for free family fun, craft projects, parenting advice, and more.

You can sign up to get their newsletter. This week's features a cute sunflower jar kids can make.

Have lots of fun this Summer!

Jun 2, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Thank you very much! :)
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2007, 10:00 AM
    I have the same problem with my 6 year old. Now that she is out of school - I have to keep her busy. And since I only have one - it makes it harder to keep her occupied.
    Last summer, we had scheduled days to do things. On Mondays, we went to the local lake. They have a beach/swim area. She would play all day. We would pack a picnic lunch and make a day of it.
    We also enrolled in the summer reading program at the library. They have lunch and movie days, story time and have different people come in and talk to the kids. It's free and a great way to spend some time.
    I actually bought a summer activity book that has all kinds of stuff in it - from crafts, games to cooking fun stuff.

We recently found a great park/playground that I am sure we will be visiting a lot in this summer.
    Playdates with friends from school is also an option.

Have fun! Hope this helps.

Jun 2, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Oh thanks, those are great ideas!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2007, 12:06 PM
    I especially like the park idea from NowWhat. By using a park, it could help to occupy the boy's interest in sports and you could still do things that interest the girl by keeping an eye on the boy at the same time maybe utilizing playtimes concerning sports with some of his friends.

Jun 2, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Good idea, and we have several parks in the area. I did have that on the agenda. We'll do that every so often. Thanks. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Busy signal on phone [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all I am new to this board and hope someone can help I seem to have a short somewhere in my wireing or phone jacks. I checked the network interphase devise and there was no dial tone there but verizon came and checked the outside wireing and said the problem was inside. When you call there...

Cd-rom drive is busy [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings! I try to install from a cd and get the following message "cd-rom drive is busy, close all other programs and try again (sometimes it helps to eject the disk and reinsert it)" The cd is working properly on other pcs.Any help is welcome!

View more questions Search