Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loopydloop Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 01:56 PM
    STAINless? Steel cleaning
    Hello. I just had my kitchen completely redone and I think it looks nice. I am now trying to keep it clean but, I got to tell you, I purchased a couple of stainless steel appliances, the microwave and the refrigerator and I am finding it nearly impossible to keep the surfaces clean. No sooner do you look at them then there are fingerprints and smears all over the fronts. I am almost sorry I purchased this surface and paid extra for them, to boot.

Anyway, there are lots of products out there for cleaning stainless steel but, quite frankly, I have not been satisfied with any of them. They clean, but they smear and streak as well. I don't want to spend hours and hours polishing my appliances. Has anyone had any luck combatting stainless steal surface mess? I'd be interested in what works for others.

Thank you,

Dave:confused:
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Jun 2, 2007, 04:39 AM
    That's one of the drawbacks of SS, hard to keep clean looking, use the SS cleaner you bought but just only occasionally. Windex or glass cleaner seems to work good most of the time
    delanc Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by loopydloop
    Hello. I just had my kitchen completely redone and I think it looks nice. I am now trying to keep it clean but, I gotta tell ya, I purchased a couple of stainless steel appliances, the microwave and the refridgerator and I am finding it nearly impossible to keep the surfaces clean. No sooner do you look at them then there are fingerprints and smears all over the fronts. I am almost sorry I purchased this surface and paid extra for them, to boot.

Anyway, there are lots of products out there for cleaning stainless steel but, quite frankly, I have not been satisfied with any of them. They clean, but they smear and streak as well. I don't want to spend hours and hours polishing my appliances. Has anyone had any luck combatting stainless steal surface mess? I'd be interested in what works for others.

Thank you,

Dave:confused:
    I bought a s.s. SPRAY ON cleaner from Walmart. Not sure of the name, but it works a lot better than those pre-moistened wipes that are also being sold. Finger prints/smears, just part of life and if you have little ones, you have to specifically show them to only use the handle, (they forget easily) or just be glad they are here to leave them :)
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Jun 6, 2007, 10:53 AM
    I used to have stainless steel so I know what you mean! I bought this wonderful little blue triangle shaped cloth, I think it was made by mr sheen but not sure, and you lightly rubbed it over the appliances and they came up sparkling. I had it for years, and used it every day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extruding Steel [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to extrude steel?

Marble or Granite for a wine bar w/ stainless bar sink? [ 1 Answers ]

Would Marble be an appropriate choice for a bar top that will have a small stainless steel undermount bar sink? I have been quoted the same price for marble or granite. Are these counter tops usually the same price?

Cleaning Steel Bath [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone recommend how to clean an enamel (steel) bath ?  We have just moved into a house with one and there is a brown stain all round the bath that won't come off with the recommended cleaners.  The more powerful ones aren't recommended for use on enamel - any ideas??

View more questions Search