Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Exclusive_Cl Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2005, 04:53 PM
    This odd thing with my ex?
    Hey

Thanks for reading this post, but I'm a little stumped on what to do with my ex girlfriend. We had only gone out for a month, which is not long at all, but she wants to keep a line of communication. I agreed, and now we talk on MSN every night. So she contacts me anytime during the night, we have a good conversation for ten minutes, then she tells me about how much she's partying with certain guys. She starts to bring up specifics about how much fun they have. Names, actions, and it's delievered in a tease sort of way.

Amazingly I find this more interesting then anything else. She ropes me in with a good conversation, then begins to brag? Or does she even realise what she's doing? I want to know, because it would be a good learning tool to find out when a girl really is or isn't interested in you.

I already know that I should stop talking to her all together, but this whole thing has got me intregued. Its like Jeckle and Hide.

Give me your opinion.
    Thanks
    Carl
    Ps. Sorry for the spelling, gramar
    Irishgirl Posts: 129, Reputation: 18

May 20, 2005, 08:16 AM
    Hi
    I 've seen this kind of behaviour before from myself and other mates! Girls love attention and she probably likes you but its just we don't want you like that anymore but you made us feel good when we went out with you so well probably keep you around. This girl expects you to be there when she needs you so show her you won't to get find out her real feelings towards you. Make her work to be your friend. Miss a couple of calls, e-mails and see what happens. It also depends on whether you want her back or not.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2005, 10:40 AM
    I would shut off contact for a while. I lot of times that makes them go crazy.

IF you want he back you need to stop acting like her friend.

May 20, 2005, 03:20 PM
    Thanks!
    Both messages are awsome, exactly what I wanted! I knew that was the case, it's totally interesting. I going to shut down contact for awhile, see what she does. Hahaha This is so funny because it's like she thinks she's the pupeteer, but I just want to pyscoanalyse it, so I'm going along with it... I'M OUT!

Thanks again!
    Carl
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2005, 11:46 AM
    Make sure to cut off the conversation. Be unavailable. Don't act like her friend either. And date other gals.
    Dreamer Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

May 23, 2005, 02:22 AM
    Amusing
    This sounds like someone I know. I find it rather amusing but pathetic at the same time. It is a very desperate attempt to get attention most definitely. She sounds like she is just pulling you along on a string to get what she needs out of you and then she pushes you away in an odd sort of way, as you said it best.

I also would cut off communication and see how she deals with that. Her true colors and intentions will certainly show after you do that. If she's really interested or not. Only thing is -- if you did begin to date her again, would she pull this same mess? And would you really want to put up with it? I don't think I would, and anyone deserves more than that. Think about it, hon. Good luck to you!

May 24, 2005, 04:52 PM
    What happens if I stick around?
    Hey
    I'm going to cut off contact with her. But I was wondering what would happen if I continued the abuse! I know that sounds crazy, but what if she starts to realise that she's being selfish about the issue and we can just be good friends... Id never get back with this girl, but who knows what a friendship can do over time. I totally understand the run and wait answer, but I just want to know what would happen?

Carl
    Dreamer Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

May 24, 2005, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Exclusive_Cl
    Hey
    I'm going to cut off contact with her. But i was wondering what would happen if i continued the abuse!? I know that sounds crazy, but what if she starts to realise that she's being selfish about the issue and we can just be good friends...Id never get back with this girl, but who knows what a friendship can do over time. I totally understand the run and wait answer, but i just want to know what would happen?

Carl
    Honestly Carl, the chances of her coming around while you remain friends with her is slim to none. If she sees that she can get away with it, she probably will continue to do it. Hence never realize the error of her ways.

"You don't know what you've got til it's gone" certainly applies here, and that would bump her back in to shape in no time.

Of course this is up to you, and if you feel like you need to stick around, then go for it. You can always back away from it later if you feel like it's just one huge vicious cycle. Know what I mean? It's never too late to do so.

Good luck with this friendship bud. She has a lot of learning to do! :)
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2005, 10:51 AM
    Once she puts you in the "friend zone" - you're pretty much done. You can't get that back - Ok?

May 25, 2005, 03:06 PM
    Yeh, day two...
    Hey
    I took the original advice and decided to stop contact. Its day two of course. I just wanted to say, thank you for your advice. I'm going to try this out.

Cheers
    Carl

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is there such a thing? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there such a thing as a reliable lawn tractor , not garden tractor,under $1000?? Any comments are welcome

What Is This Thing? [ 3 Answers ]

Terresa Marie, my friend, felt something sticking her in the back. When I unsipped the dresss this is what I found. She has been bitten by a Brown Recluse Spider and is deathly afraid of them. I attempted to identify the bug on the internet but no joy. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks, ...

Looking to do the right thing. [ 9 Answers ]

I live with 5 other girls in a house. We all share rent and utilities. Our toilet got plugged and it may have been from a tampax. Two of us admitted we'd flushed tampax down the toilet in the past because we didn't know we weren't supposed to. The plumbing bill came to $120 and the other girls...

Is this the right thing to do? [ 6 Answers ]

OK so I have this ex and he knows I still like him and one week he will say o I love you still to and then the next week he will ignore my calls and text and everything so what I've been trying to do is avoied him and stuff like that like I took him out of my pro and all this and when he ims or...

Am I doing the right thing? [ 9 Answers ]

? I met this 23 year old guy this past May. We started dating and everything was fine. After a whole and huge mess we broke up this past September. I didn't see him for 3 months. Then we saw each other again a week before Christmas and we got back together. Eveything has been really good. A...

View more questions Search