Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    violet0019 Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Jun 1, 2007, 06:39 AM
    My plate is stuck in my pot!
    I have a teen. After eating their meal, & without intention, "someone" (inadvertently) dropped their plastic flat dish into a pot (filled with water), with the same circumference. The pot was in the sink waiting to be washed, soaking some food that had been stuck after cooking. My problem: I absolutely cannot get the dish out. It seems as if it has been suctioned very tightly into the pot. I would appreciate any tips, suggestions etc. on how to remove it PLEASSSSSSSSEEEE! This is one of my best pots for cooking pasta - made of stainless steel. Thank you very much!:):confused:
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Fill pot with hot water and dish soap, wait about 3 min and try to remove it. Make sure water level is above the plate
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 10:02 AM
    If it's just a plastic plate and you don't care about it, pierce it with a knife and use that as leverage to pull it out.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 10:07 AM
    I have had that happen, too! I think I used olive oil and a really thin spatula or knife to finally work it out.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 10:13 AM
    Oh, were looking at non-destructive, fine then... yeah, hot water, as hot as possible. Steel will expand more than plastic under heat so it will loosen the seal... in theory
    jocko009 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 10, 2007, 05:36 PM
    Every thing seems right up to the point where you should have been told to put the pot full of water on the stove, when the water boils the plate will bubble to the top.
    Duggan1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by violet0019
    I have a teen. After eating their meal, & without intention, "someone" (inadvertently) dropped their plastic flat dish into a pot (filled with water), with the same circumference. The pot was in the sink waiting to be washed, soaking some food that had been stuck after cooking. My problem: I absolutely cannot get the dish out. It seems as if it has been suctioned very tightly into the pot. I would appreciate any tips, suggestions etc. on how to remove it PLEASSSSSSSSEEEE!! This is one of my best pots for cooking pasta - made of stainless steel. Thank you very much!:):confused:
    Put soap around edge of plate with a little water. Freeze... in 1/2 hour tip upside down in sink, run hot water over pot, bang bottom of pot carefully and voilą...

This just happened to us, my husband got very frustrated and almost broke my glass plate, and banged up my pot...
    Jaxmidway Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2007, 07:33 PM
    If you do not care about the plate, you may drill two holes in the center of the plate use a hook or wire hanger and pull out.
    violet0019 Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Oct 7, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxmidway
    If you do not care about the plate, you may drill two holes in the center of the plate use a hook or wire hanger and pull out.
    That sounds like such a clever solution!! :) Thank you for this advice!
    geodingo Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Oct 14, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by violet0019
    I have a teen. After eating their meal, & without intention, "someone" (inadvertently) dropped their plastic flat dish into a pot (filled with water), with the same circumference. The pot was in the sink waiting to be washed, soaking some food that had been stuck after cooking. My problem: I absolutely cannot get the dish out. It seems as if it has been suctioned very tightly into the pot. I would appreciate any tips, suggestions etc. on how to remove it PLEASSSSSSSSEEEE!! This is one of my best pots for cooking pasta - made of stainless steel. Thank you very much!:):confused:
    Try putting the pot in hot water and run cold water on the plate. Or try ice cubes on the plate . Wait a minute or two till the pot expands and the plate contracts and try dumping the plate out.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Geo they did an update post that they got it out last week
    iAwesomeMan42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2012, 04:03 PM
    I just kind of put a screwdriver around the edge and hit it with a hammer. Got it out of there. Part of it flew towards my face. So watch yourself if using this technique.
    jrv116psu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2012, 06:52 PM
    I solved this problem!! Fill the pot half full with water.. boil it at a high temperature... then get a toilet plunger and stick it to the plate while it boils... for me, it came right out!
    Shamelessyred Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2012, 02:19 PM
    Thank you! Putting it on the stove on med high heat worked. Had it out in 5 minutes without any help from me other than turning on the burner and filling it up with water.! Saved my pot and plate, so thank you
    sarahgwyyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2013, 08:22 AM
    We just did this. My 17 year old daughter came up with a winning idea. Our plate was a plastic one made by my daughter in preschool, and we did not want it ruined. We ran hot water over the bottom of the pot (after putting some soapy water into the pot) then we used a suction cup hook from the bathroom to pull out the plate. You have to use the suction cup on the side of a plate not in the middle.
    LearnSomethgNew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2013, 10:54 PM
    I boiled it for 2-3 minutes. When I saw which side the bubbles were predominantly coming from, I used a bbq for to push down on the opposite side. The plate lifted and I stuck a spatula underneath the lifting side to keep it from falling back down. Then I grabbed an oven mit and pulled it right now.

I guess I joined the club tonight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoking Pot [ 20 Answers ]

My girlfriend recently tried pot and had a good experience . I am not into it and haven't tried it. She tells me that she enjoyed it and plans on doing it again soon. And would like me to try it , so I can see for myself that it is not that bad. What are your thoughts on Pot. Having not done it...

Sandblasting Pot [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anyone out there that can tell me about sandblasters? I need to know how you go about running something other than sand through one. Do they have different tips for say, sand, soda and cob? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pot addiction [ 4 Answers ]

I'm addicted to pot. I have been for about two years now. I don't feel like it interferes with my life too much and that's probably why I have so much trouble quitting. I get board and fatigued and it seems like an easy solution. Is there any tips for quitting. I know I am capable of it but...

Crock Pot [ 2 Answers ]

How long can you keep the food in the crock pot on Warm? Can you put the Hot crock pot of food into the refrigerator?

Crock pot [ 3 Answers ]

I'm about to cook a pot roast in my 6qt crock pot. It's call a "Crock Watcher". It has an auto function besides low and high. I lost the book on this and wondered if anyone was fimiliar with this pot, and if was OK if I left it on 'auto' overnight, then swith to low in the morning till dinner time.

View more questions Search