Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amina Fahreen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 06:21 AM
    Information ( change status from b2 to F1)
    Hi Sir,
    My name is Amina, I came to US in B2 visa which valid till 22june 2007, I would to take an admission in any university.. so is it possible to change my visa status from B2 to F1 before 22 June 2007 so that I can study...

Please help me regarding these

With best regards,
    Amina
    sandolinic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 02:11 PM
    First the good news...
    Yes it is possible to change your status from b2 to f1. The processing time takes from 2 to 6 months and you can check on the USCIS website the current processing dates. Once your request for a change of status is in process you can legally stay in the country until you receive an answer from the immigration office even if your I-94 is already expired.

In order to change your status you have to go for documents and info to the international student university office: they have to require your change of status.

Everyone will tell you that is would be better ask for an F1 visa from your home country at the US consulate/embassy.

Bad news follow...
    If you change your status within the US, once you go abroad you need to apply for an F1 visa at the US consulate of your home country to reenter the us territory.

Cost of the process:
    More or less 300$ in fees
    Affidavit form: you will be required to prove that enough money (only liquidity: invested money are not accepted) in your or your sponsor bank account. Amount required: $18,000 -25,000

Has you see there are many things to consider... these are only few tips.

You can schedule an appointment with some lawyers to ask them more info: many lawyers offer the first consultation for free.

Hope it was helpful...

Ciao,
    Nicola:eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 student status tax information [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, My name is Vinay Mandora. I came to USA in August on F1 visa. I want to file my federal state tax return but I am not able to find any software which provides help in preparing federal tax return. 1) Can tuition and student fees be claimed as deduction? 2) What is amount of...

F1 to H1 B status change [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I changed my status from F1 to H1 B this oct . I was in California during my F1 status and am working rite now at Wisconsin . Going through the forums I came to know that I can file 1040 NR-EZ along with 8843 for the year 2005 . M I rite ? Also I want to know which form do I use to file...

View more questions Search