Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FroggyJump Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2005, 11:29 AM
    Front room window
    My front room window is one of the old aluminum frame windows from the 1970's. It's in fine shape except for the bottom of the frame on the outside. For some reason the metal strip that runs along the edge of the glass is coming up on one side. Is there a way to fix/replace this without having to replace the entire window?
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

May 18, 2005, 12:22 PM
    Is the aluminum...
    Quote Originally Posted by FroggyJump
    My front room window is one of the old aluminum frame windows from the 1970's. It's in fine shape except for the bottom of the frame on the outside. For some reason the metal strip that runs along the edge of the glass is coming up on one side. Is there a way to fix/replace this without having to replace the entire window?
    ... strip otherwise bent? It's probably fixable with some adhesive if it isn't bent too far out of shape. Worse case is you may have to peel off the entire strip, straighten it out and re-adhere it to the window. I'm guessing you knew as much but might be looking for an easier fix?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 18, 2005, 01:02 PM
    There were a number of different styles of windows. Could you give a little more description of the window and its problem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Room makeover [ 1 Answers ]

I'm re-doing my room from it's childish girly state that it once was and doing it goth (its a choice ;)) and I have a lot of girly looking stuff still- jewlery boxes, flower/ funky stuff that I can't get rid of (I'm a pack rat type of gal). What should I do? Part with it all or what? I am doing my...

Painting my rec room, should I... [ 13 Answers ]

I'm having the casing going around the mid height of the room, some call it a chair stop? Anyway, it will be a 2 tone room, chocolate brown and an off white-beige kind of colour. I was going to put the dark colour on top and the light on the bottom... or is their a general rule of thimb to this...

4 Kids in 1 Room [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and I have a two bedroom house and we have 4 kids. The kids share one room and we have the other room. Is having 4 kids in one room against the law? We are in CA. Or, if it is not against the law, would it be looked down on if we have to go through a custody battle with one of our ex's?...

Can a guy use the ladies room? [ 27 Answers ]

In Santa Monica California, if a restaurant has marked ladies and mens rooms may a man use the ladies room if it is not occupied?

I want a chat room [ 7 Answers ]

We need some sort of chatroom on this site I think it would be cool

View more questions Search