Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlt2242 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Return Air Duct not sealed
    I was told by a home inspector that the two return air ducts in the house are not sealed properly. Can any body let me know how to go about getting this fixed, what the costs might be. One is on the first floor and one is on the second floor.

Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 31, 2007, 03:06 PM
    I have no idea what the labor rate is in your area. Call and get 2 estimates from local companys.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 06:09 PM
    What is the ductwork made of, metal or fiberglass? What exactly is not sealed? The joints? Holes in the duct etc..
    mlt2242 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 05:43 AM
    The air return is just sheetrock and the corners where the sheetrock meet are not sealed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sealed return air vent [ 2 Answers ]

We just purchased a home built in the 50's, and the grill for the return air vent in the hallway is sealed with tape and aluminum foil. It seems to be pretty tight, as if whoever sealed it had a really good reason to do so. What would the reason be for doing this? We can't decide if we are going...

Return air duct at top of stairway [ 1 Answers ]

Regarding the return air vent that are located at the top and bottom of the wall and can be opened or closed. If in the winter the bottom vent is open and the top vent is closed in the hallway upstairs what keeps the warm air that moves up the stairway from being pulled through the open return air...

Cold return air duct [ 2 Answers ]

Because the egress windows from the basement will not be large enough for the fresh air requirement, I have to install a ventilation return duct from outside. How do I go about doing this? My local Lowe's only appeared to have exhausts, but no intakes. It also needs to be 6", so I can't modify a...

Loud Return Air Duct [ 1 Answers ]

I have a forced hot air furnace, installed in September 2002, located in the basement. The blower motor is belt driven, single speed. While the blower is running it you can hear it all over the house. The return air grill is located out side of a bedroom and during the night when the blower comes...

Return Air Duct [ 3 Answers ]

I rent a townhome. It has 2 air conditioning units. I don't know what brand they are. The upstairs does not cool very well. It is always warmer than downstairs. The return air unit is in the storage closed downstairs. There are 2 return air ducts. The one downstairs was covered up behind...

View more questions Search