Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emilysmommy06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Terminating his Rights
    My daughter is 16 months old and she does not know her biological father. He hasn't been around and he does not pay child support or help me in any way. My fiancé has been taking care of her and wants to adopt her when we get married. I am 17 and her father is 19. What can I do to get him to give up his rights?
    paganheart71 Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

May 31, 2007, 12:50 PM
    I don't believe he has to give up his right if you're not married for another person to adopt, best thing to do is talk to lawyer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Terminating my parental rights [ 13 Answers ]

I have been considering voluntary giving up my parental rights to my 7 year old son. It's not that I don't care about him or anything its just that the mother refuses to let me see him. That has been the case for about 4 years now. I've been in contact with her recently and had asked her if I could...

Voluntarily Terminating My Rights [ 2 Answers ]

I dated this girl over 4 years ago and while dating her she cheated on me with 2 other men and got pregnant. She ended up marrying one of the guys and he gave the child his last name and has been his daddy almost four years now. This woman has contacted me and says she is filing for paternity and...

Terminating parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

My question is how do I terminate my parental rights if no adoption takes place? My brother in-law gave up his rights and there was no adoption

Terminating Parental Rights [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Wisconsin and I have a 5 month old son, and am no longer involved with the Father. He has said on and off since the time I was pregnant, that he wanted to sign off his rights. Then he would say he wanted to be involved, get mad, say he wants to sign off etc. He was seeing our son every...

Terminating parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

I am in need of help regarding terminating parental rights. I have just been granted a temp protective order (texas) and have court for my final that will last two years. I have been abused for over 10 years by my husband. We have only been married 4. My daughter is 5 going on 6. She goes to...

View more questions Search