Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soup Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2005, 09:12 PM
    Web Based Sent Mail
    Hi. I've been using web based email using SMTP and all of the sent mails have been stored on the server. Is there a way to download those sent mails from the server into the "Sent Items" folder of Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-3?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 18, 2005, 05:23 AM
    Depends on the E-mail service (something you left out). Unless they have a POP3 component, its unlikely. You can, however, save each message individually. Another thing you can do is forward the messages to a POP3 mailbox. For the future you can BCC yourself on messages you want to save.

May 18, 2005, 07:38 AM
    Type of Service
    It uses POP3 for receiving and SMTP for sending.

I have previously tried something similar to what you suggested: On the webmail interface I moved the messages to the Main folder. Then I used Outlook to receive them. Once they were in Outlook's Inbox I dragged them to the Sent Items folder and they remarkably indicated the original sending date and all the proper information. Only problem is, it worked for the first roughly 10 emails I did it with. After that it only worked sporadically, and Outlook would receive some of these messages but not all. So of course that stop gap method has its failings too.

So any more help either one my solution or a real one would really ve great. Thank you again. And thank you for your help so far.

May 18, 2005, 10:03 AM
    Try sending mail from Outlook instead. Or BCCing yourself.

May 18, 2005, 01:04 PM
    Sending Mail
    I can't send the mail from Outlook. I have to access this account from multiple locations and the only way for me to do that is through the web interface. So I'd like to be able to back up those sent mails onto Outlook and also to get them off the server.

So any ideas on how to get them off the server?

Thanks.

May 19, 2005, 04:45 AM
    Soup,

I've told you what you need to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home based biz New Jersey [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I own a power washing business on the jersey shore(ocean and monmouth counties).I'm looking for someone who would be interested in marketing my services by phone or putting advertisements on peoples doorknobs.must be clean cut,honest and responsible.you would work on a commission basis.no hard...

Web based communication [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a way for two people to have instant communication over the internet without installing any software. MSN2Go or something similar would be ideal but unfortunately we are prohibited from using IM by our sysadmin. A solution to this problem would be an inhouse web-based IM/chat...

Mortgage based securitization(MBS) [ 2 Answers ]

I'd like to know £º 1. the basic procedure of mortgage based securitization(MBS) 2. what kind of organization are involved in MBS And 3. contracts or deals needed to finish the transaction. Thanks

Looking for song, based on lyrics [ 1 Answers ]

Here are the lyrics, does this song sound familiar to anyone? (it seems to me it's 1980's) "No one said it would be easy, Did anyone tell tell you it would be.. Relax your mind and get lost in me You know, and I know our love is strong enough, Chorus To weather the rain, to weather the...

View more questions Search