Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiffandsam14 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 31, 2007, 08:31 AM
    This is not a joke! What should I do?
    Please... My mom and dad are divorced. My mom and I go to Ohio every summer. She told me that she is thinking of moving up there some time soon. I really want to go but I live with my father and all my friends are where I live. I don't want to leave them. But I also want to move to Ohio. What should I do? My mom keeps pressureing me into moving up there with her. Even around my friends. Please help!! What should I do?? :(
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

May 31, 2007, 09:49 AM
    You could move with your mom and arrange so you get to come visit your dad during school vacations or something like that. Regarding your friends, there are phones,e-mail, social communities, etc, so I am sure you could work something out:)
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

May 31, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Hey,
    Make a list of the pro's and con's of both! Like the user above me said you can arrange for visits with your Dad. It will be a big change to move but some time those are the best changes. It gives you a chance to meet new people and be a different person! Well Good luck with your decision.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 10:09 AM
    I agree with MrsJoseph, and to add ask your mother to do the same thing with the pros and cons, you guys might come together more than you know about this. A fresh start is always good too. Good luck sweety!
    paganheart71 Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

May 31, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Pros and cons is a good idea. You should talk to your dad. You could visit mom during the summer, see how you like it during that time and if you want to stay. Stay. Your dad will understand, just remember to talk a lot.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

May 31, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsJoseph06
    Hey,
    Make a list of the pro's and con's of both! Like the user above me said you can arrange for visits with your Dad. It will be a big change to move but some time those are the best changes. It gives you a chance to meet new people and be a diffrent person! Well Good luck with your decision.
    First off, great advice!

Secondly, talk to your parents about what you want (also the pro's and con's).
    peacekeeper4u4 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 06:19 PM
    I too agree with missJoseph.
    You can always move back to visit and if you really do want to move with your mom then I would go for it. When opportunity knocks you should always answer because you never know when you might a chance to do it again. Besides, hate to say it, but if your in high school your going to lose touch with most of your friends anyway after you graduate. You have the chance now to make more friends, see a different state, start a new life with a clean slate and live another experience. Good luck with whatever you decide and no matter what everything will be fine. Happy new year

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just a Golf joke. [ 1 Answers ]

A lady is out playing golf and get's stung by a bee. She goes to the pro shop for help and asks the man behind the counter for help... "I was just stung by a bee". The man asks... "where did you get stung?"... The lady replies... "between hole # 1 and hole #2...The man says..."I told you your...

Tell me what you think of this joke. [ 3 Answers ]

"Winning an argument is like winning the special olympics, you're still a retard." My brother told me this after I beat him in a name calling contest.

View more questions Search