Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellygirl1296 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 05:06 AM
    Keyless Entry Garage Door Reset?
    When we bought the house 4 yrs ago, the previous owners gave us 4 different codes (she couldn't remember the code) for our Craftsman wall mounted keyless entry garage door opener which is mounted outside the garage door. None of the codes she gave us ever worked, so we never bothered with it. Now we would now like to use it and was wondering is there a way to reset the code?

Garage Door Opener Unit # - 139.53970SRT Model; Craftsman

Car Remote # - 139.53681B Model; Craftsman

Keyless Entry # - I cannot find the number, unless its on the backside of the unit which is mounted to the side of the garage. Craftsman

Any help would be appreciated! :confused:
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Change batteries first, Do you have learn button and led on Operator. Don't know if model
    Works likes this. Hold learn button for maybe 8 seconds, to clear codes.
    Next, wait 30 seconds, press learn for led to light, go to keypad, and enter C O D E,
    Enter. C O D E is your new combo(numbers)
    I will look for exact info. If its not working, you can't hurt it.

May 31, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Thank you for responding. We did change the battery, that didn't help. Can I e-mail you a picture of the unit (sorry I don't know how to attach a picture on this site). I don't see a learm button or an LED, but maybe you can point that out on the pic. Thanks again for the help.
    KellyGirl
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Do you see small wire hanging out, may be antenna, should be close. Usually on back side of Operator. You may need ladder, Be careful..

May 31, 2007, 06:30 AM
    You must be talking about the garage door opener itself? Yes, there is a wire there!

May 31, 2007, 06:33 AM
    I know this is going to sound stupid, but the Operator IS the garage door opener its self your referring too, right? (You're working with a blonde here, so bare with me) ;-)

May 31, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Okay, I looked up the sites - I think my husband and I might be able to figure this out. I will post again, to let you know if we were successful in getting this resolved. I want to thank you again for all your help, it is truly appreciated! I've never used this site, I just kind of stumbled upon it, but its really nice to know that there are people out there that still like to help others!

Again, thank you!

KellyGirl
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 07:53 PM
    A pleasure, any more questions? Come back
    Take Care
    bobkatm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Are the batteries OK? If so, proceed.

You will need 2 people, one outside with the door closed and one inside who is able to reach the control panel on the unit.

The person on the outside should enter the 4 digit password desired and HOLD the enter button.

The person on the inside presses and releases the SRT (learn) button while person on outside continues to hold the ENTER button. My SRT button is orange.

After the light flashes on the panel the person on the outside releases the ENTER button.

Test by pressing the 4 digit password and enter. Hopefully, the door will open.
    sonyad13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 12:06 PM
    When doing this procedure, does it reset the remote openers as well?
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2009, 09:14 PM

Directions for your model will tell, sometimes when you press the Learn button longer than required for adding a remote, it CAN? Erase all codes.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 07:59 PM

Attached Images

janet9107 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 05:12 PM
    How do you change the code to your keyless entry to my garage door. Linear LCC Model LD033
    janet9107 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 05:14 PM
    Need help on how too change my keyless entry thry my gargage door. Linear LCC Model LD033
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2012, 06:41 PM
    Amarr Garage Doors - Over 60 years of garage door manufacturing excellence

Your model is at the bottom of the list, includes operating instructions, Take Care

To Add a Remote Control
    1 Press the opener's LEARN button. The red LEARN
    Light will glow. The red light will stay on for about 15
    Seconds. A remote must be added while the red
    LEARN light is still on.
    2 Send a signal from a remote. The red LEARN light and
    The opener's light will fl ash once indicating that the
    Opener has accepted the remote.
    3 Repeat Steps 1 & 2 for any additional remote controls.
    To Remove all Remote Controls
    1 Press and hold the opener's LEARN button for ten
    Seconds or more.
    2 Release the LEARN button. The red LEARN light will
    Blink three times signaling that all of the remotes
    In the opener's memory were erased. The red
    LEARN light will turn off, then turn on for 15 seconds.
    A remote control can be entered during this time using
    Step 2 above.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

2003 Honda Accord Keyless Entry [ 2 Answers ]

The keyless entry is no longer working on my 2003 Accord, nor are the automatic door locks. The locks have to be manually pushed down. No other electrical problems currently. Has anyone had similar problem?

Garage door opener prevents door from opening all the way -- how to fix? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I moved into a house three months ago and we didn't realize this problem before we bought it. I'm trying to solve a problem with an existing garage door and Genie opener which due to the amount of backroom along the tracks, doesn't allow me to open the garage door the full length...

Honda Civic Keyless Entry Problems [ 0 Answers ]

My girlfriend has a 1997 Honda Civic EX. For some reason, if she tries to manually unlock the door with the key the alarm goes off and the car won't start. She has to unlock it and lock it with the keyless entry. Any ideas why? We're going on a trip next week and we don't want to risk being stuck...

View more questions Search