Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aerendil Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 17, 2005, 07:12 AM
    What happened to this forum?
    Hello
    I used to visit this forum some time ago, I guess about 3 years ago.. And I remember it as a lively place of discussion! Now I see that all the sub-categories are gone (there used to be Karete, tai chi and a lot of others), and the activity seems to be somewhat reduced... And all the archives seem to be gone too.
    Is anybody of the "old days" still here and can tell me what happened?
    Thanks!
    eawoodall Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

Jun 20, 2005, 10:48 PM
    Askme.com to askmehelpdesk.com
    Well askme.com became more business inclined (business to business answers only), and the askmehelpdesk.com formed (but I guess there was a time lapse between the old web site going away and the new web site forming).
    So people stopped getting questions answered, and when they made the new web site they did not copy or use the old format. I also liked the old format. Basically there was no answer web site for a while, so people stopped trying to go "here" to get questions answered. I stopped answering questions "here" after askme closed down to questions, for about 3 years, so I am not sure how long before askmehelpdesk.com opened after askme.com closed. I just started back a month or two ago? You can see my posts and since I starting answering questions right away when I got back , that would date when I rearrived "here" answering questions. Hope that helps.
    revangela Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2005, 07:05 AM
    I've Been Missing AskMe.com Too!
    I'm glad to find this new site...

Since I found out about Askme.com closing, I've been intermittently trying to find a replacement. That was such a powerful internet space for people to share and care. It's a pity the owners didn't have the understanding of the service they offered so that they could have organised sponsorship and kept it going the way they kept the straight commercial aspect going! ;-(

I am glad to have found this site and will take a good look around.

Angela.
    aerendil Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2005, 12:35 AM
    Pity it is
    One of the sad thing about it is for me that all the archives are gone. They had become quiite a resource for getting informed about a topic, or just for browsing around and reading.. But it's even more sad that the whole community was ripped apart.

I really don't understand how the responsibles could just give up this excellent userbase, and IIRC not even informing transparenty about what was going on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whatever Happened to... [ 4 Answers ]

There was a shortlived series called What Really Happened to the Class of '65? which aired in 1977 or 1978. One episode concerns a charcter named (I think I rember this) Cindy Kaye, who was an aspiring singer. In the show, she sang a really beautiful song called "I Need You in My Plans". Does...

Not sure what happened [ 21 Answers ]

I was to met a friend of mine out on Wed night to work on some stuff for him on my laptop. I smoke and he doesn't so I asked him to get us a table while I stayed outside to smoke. After a couple of minutes he came back out and said that he wanted to just go home and do the work some other time. ...

What happened? [ 2 Answers ]

A few months ago I met someone while holidaying... we became friends but what I feel for him is something much more than that. I want to know whether he felt what I did. Is there an outcome to this? What's in my future?

View more questions Search