Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rozelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 11:43 PM
    Should I install laminated floors
    I purchased a new home and I would like to install laminated floors throughout the house.
    I heard lots and lots of stories that your high heels would leave marks and that the floors will make "bubbles".
    All the quotes that I got from the contractors ensured me that the floors are being guaranteed for marks and scrathes for up to 10 years after installation.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 30, 2007, 11:55 PM
    They are awesome. Mine are nearly six years old. And get walked on by three big dogs a couple of little kids that like to ride their bikes inside and several adults. They show almost no wear. They are very easy to clean and don't showe dirt. All I do is go over them with a shark vac or swifter once in a while. I would strongly recommend them to anyone.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

May 31, 2007, 05:05 AM
    Like Everything There Are Good And Bad, First Will They Scratch? Yes They Will. If You Slide Funiture Around And There Is Something On The Feet It Will Scratch, Will Dogs Scratch It, Absolutely. I Also Have One Of These Floors In My House And My Dogs Scratched It And Pied On It, Till I Had To Remove It.
    Due To Getting Wet And Not Just From The Dogs A lot Of Seams Would Pucker And Bubble,
    Now There Are Better Grade That Will Take A Better Beating Than Others , Im Not Sure What Kind Matt Has, But Its Not The Cheaper Brand,
    As Far As Kids Running The Cars Or Just Everyday Traffic Its Great,
    As Far As Price Goes Your Really Need To Be Paying Around $2 A Ft For Material, And Around $1.25 To $1.50 For Installation
    So To Recap, There Great Floor, But There Not Perfect They Have There Flaws And Limitations Like Any Other Floor,
    My Advice Is To Buy One But Remember You Get What You Pay For.
    t klassen Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Never will I install laminate again!! Maybe it was a poor product choice on my part, but after a year and a half an I saw chipping cracking bubbling I was livid. I phoned the company and they said that they only warrant staining, fading, and wearing down.. Check what the warranty is and make sure that you buy a quality product.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jun 11, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozelle
    I purchased a new home and I would like to install laminated floors throughout the house.
    I heard lots and lots of stories that your high heels would leave marks and that the floors will make "bubbles".
    All the quotes that I got from the contractors ensured me that the floors are being gaurenteed for marks and scrathes for up to 10 years after installation.

The quality of laminate depends.
    Price and thickness definitely matter.
    Also the thickness of the pad underneath matters.
    Out in the middle of a room it is easy to put down, but around door frames, odd corners it is much more difficult.

The laminate I put down in a former house was very durable to kids and pets and probably much less maintenance than hardwood.

Personally, I think hardwood feels better underfoot, and looks richer. I don't know how either effects house resale but I have never seen a house add listing laminate flooring, as oppose to those listing hardwood, as a positive.

Grace and Peace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hardwood Floors [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone here has installed a Hardwood Floor over concrete ? I have done them over wood, but never over concrete and I am looking for any inout/experience on this matter. Thanks

Heated floors [ 1 Answers ]

Have gutted my bathroom, would like to lose the steam radiator. Who knows if heated floors would keep room warm? What other options do I have now that room is completely gutted. Plan on using tile for the floor

Refinishing floors [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting ready to refinish some stairs. I was planning on using polyurathane. I have been told that the water based version is better. Any thoughts? What are the pros and cons of both.

Floors [ 2 Answers ]

I removed linolium from cement floors and want to use plain cement without any covering. There is a discoloring in spots due to the glue.what can i put on the cement to remove the glue??

View more questions Search