Ask
    idkta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 10:23 PM
    Stop the crave
    What is the best appetite supressor
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 10:30 PM
    There really are a lot, the most natural is water, two glasses before a meal, or whenever you have a urge to eat, A handful of walnuts, pistatichios or almonds. Dried fruit, all this can help. Make a dip for veggies or fruit with yogurt..
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 10:49 PM
    Here are a few choices; Pine nuts and pistachios, cut appetite up to 60% for 4 hours. 2 glasses of water, fiber, or tablets with lots of water. Organic veggie broth, green veggies, add garlic, onion, soy. Banana pudding, natural pickles w/o coloring or flavorings, and finally apples.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 30, 2007, 11:45 PM
    I often enjoy a good healthy ceareal, with skim milk.
    Nikki11 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 2, 2007, 04:24 AM
    I believe that if you are hungry, you should eat. Otherwise you're damaging the good relationship your head has with your body. I believe we should listen to our bodies. However, if the problem is that you feel that you're hungry too often, then that is not about suppressing your appetite. It's about discovering why you're hungry so often.

Is it an emotional issue such as comfort eating? If you turn to food when stressed, anxious, emotionally aroused, sad, angry, or bored, then you need to deal with that head on.

Is it an appetite issue, such as blood sugar crashes? If your diet includes too many carbs for your body, you might find you are crashing and wanting food again too soon. It's very similar to smoking, where it's the nicotine crash that causes a carving for another cigarette. Managing carbs goes a long way to controlling blood sugar, an issue I believe is crucial to controlling cravings and for anyone dieting.

High carb foods include any starchy foods such as white rice and many legumes, also potatoes. White flour products such bread and pasta. Even very sweet fruits such as bananas and papayas.

Plenty of meat and low-carb fibre foods help keep your blood sugar nice and balanced, which means controlling cravings/appetite, without resorting to quick fixes and ignoring your body.

Lots of luck!

The Metabolic Shift Approach

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to stop her [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend and she told me that she was going to kill herself because she thought no one cared. She also told me that she feels that boys don't like her because she's 16 and had 1 boyfriend. She feels that her parents reject her because her mum is pregnant. I've told her time and time again...

How do I stop it? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I stop brown spotting during ovulation? I took the pill for over 2yrs. It has been 1yr and 6mths since I stopped taking it and I am still having brown spotting before my period. How do I stop this? I need answers not more questions. How do I stop brown spotting during ovulation?

When will it stop? [ 1 Answers ]

Since August of last year, my fiancé and I have had the worst luck in the world. The day we move into our place, we were so excited, then when driving, I blew the turbo in my car. Then after I get a bladder infection (I hate using public restrooms and always held it, so nobody do what I do!)...

When Will It Stop ? [ 1 Answers ]

I was 8 weeks pregnant and I recently found out I've had a miscarrage, before finding out I was spotting for about a week then in the past 4 days its been really really heavy.. how long does it usually take after having a miscarrage for the bleeding to stop ?:confused: :(

Fan does not stop [ 4 Answers ]

My central air fan does not stop running unless power is switched off at the main electrical breaker. Could it be the thermostat? What steps to do to find problem? Help

View more questions Search