Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vlturbo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2005, 10:46 PM
    help??
    This is for a school assignment so it would be appreciated if someone can help me out, reply anything at all =]... anyways, why is physical education so important for the child in elementary school?
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

May 18, 2005, 08:33 PM
    P.e.
    Activity increases the oxygen flow to the brain, oxygen is an essential component to maximize the brain's functioning power. P.E. in elementary help to balance a child's day... hence the term... all work and no play... Children need P.E. to help build social skills, muscles, improve hand-eye co-ordination, develop confidence especially if they are not academically astute. P.E. serves as a foundation for Mind and Body development. Think about it... archery teaches hand-eye coordination, concentration, body mechanics.. balance; softball teaches team efforts, judgement, critical calculation skills, tennis teaches body mechanics, posture, decision making,etc.
    tashaboo102 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Dec 1, 2005, 02:28 PM
    I think that gym is important to elementary childern because they need a chance to get all of there engery .Childern just coming in to school go from playing all day with mom or dad or whoever to sitting still for 5 to 6 hours a day that is a very big change and playtime is a time for them to get all of there wiggles out so when they go back to class they are able to sit still.Older children are not need as much P.E time because they are already programed to sit still be quite and go 8 hours straight without a break . Iam in the 9 grade just last year I had recess and I do enjoy High school but I do miss recess a whole lot!!

:) :) :) Hope that I helped out some :) :) :)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2005, 05:51 AM
    Phys Ed
    Hi,
    The other two answer above mine are very, very good.
    At this age, as they have already said, children are very, very active. They need some way to express their need for playing and jumping around. These are the formative years, with muscle building, body functions building and forming, exercise helps both physically and mentally with their development.
    I do wish you the best. You can also find many links on the subject using a search engine like google.com.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search