Uber Member

May 30, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Odd Page Code
    When I view the source of BookingApple.com, all I get is this:

Code:
    <!-- BOF: ./personal-templates/show.body -->
    <!-- BOF: ./personal-templates/simple/generic/show -->
    <!-- BOF: ./personal-templates/simple/generic/functions -->
    <!-- BOF: ./personal-templates/simple/generic/navbar --><!-- EOF: ./personal-templates/simple/generic/navbar -->
    What does this mean about how the site is set up? The people who have this business are neighbors of mine and the person who set it up for them is hard to reach. I told them I need to know the host and ftp info for the site, but from the looks of that code, I think I'll need more than that.

I've never seen page code like that before. Can someone shed some light?

Thanks!
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

May 30, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Looks like they are using server side scripting to protect their code. What you do see are comments. If they are accurate, the scripts are located at "./personal-templates/show.body" which is a folder before the www directory and not accessible from the web broswer. In short, the code is produced by the server dynamically each time the page is loaded and then presented to the browers.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 02:51 AM
    Oh I see. Thanks, Northwind. Just like how scripts point to server side pages that users cannot see... but in this case the whole site is pointed to them?

Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of doing it that way?
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

May 31, 2007, 04:56 AM
    I would say code protection and extra security. There may be other reasons I'm not aware of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very odd [ 2 Answers ]

Well this is really weird because I am still in fact a virgin but do seem to be showing very similar symtpoms to people with Gonorrhea anyone got an idea what this could be?

Need Q&A page and CRM page [ 2 Answers ]

I want to develop a confidential and secure intranet site for a group of professionals, which, among other things would include the capability for users to ask and answer questions on select topics. The site would also need to have a CRM (customer relationship management) function where members...

Something Odd.. . [ 1 Answers ]

Probably within the last month or so, my toilet has seemed to develop a life of its own. Every once in a while (several times a day), it seems to run for a few seconds at a time. It doesn't flush, but it has the sound of the last few seconds after you've flushed. (Am I making any sense?) I'm...

Inserting html code in golive 5 web page [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a web site that guides browsers to specific products offered on other companies web sites. From my site a visitor would click on an affiliate link to go to a product. Question: How can I insert affiliate html code into my web page for each product without it looking screwy? I am...

View more questions Search