Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurajear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Ring markings need identifying
    I found a beautiful ring in a thift store. The stones appear real they are sitting in a setting that has openings on the bottom and sides so the stones can breathe. The setting looks like it is expensive. The stones look like citrine. The only marking on the inside of the ring is the word "Thailand". Could this be real gold?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 01:39 PM
    It's basically impossible to tell with this information, take it to a jeweler.

Why would a stone need to breathe?
    JAMIET Posts: 73, Reputation: 12

Jul 21, 2007, 10:56 AM
    All real gold is stamped with the karat type... it's required. Doesn't sound like you have a precious metal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old gold markings [ 6 Answers ]

I have an old (about 60 yrs.) white gold wedding band marked "18kt P". Could anyone tell me what the "P" indicates? Thanks.

Solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight? [ 11 Answers ]

Which dioamond ring should I buy a solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight?

Ugly skin markings on my legs [ 1 Answers ]

About 4 years ago, I started getting these dark stripped and tiny dotted marks on my legs. Both legs show the same pattern on each leg. It's mostly in the front of my upper legs. And below the knee its both in front and back. It's seems as the years have gone by, the markings are appearing more and...

Adding 220 to garage and motor markings [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question about adding 220 to my garage and also some markings on a motor for a metal lathe that will be in there. I have a lathe that is marked on the motor with 115/230 for volts, 60 cyc, phase 1, Amp 37/18.5... from what I gather this might mean it can run on 110 or 220? I'm...

What's the difference between a comitment ring and an engagement ring? [ 13 Answers ]

Can someone please help me here I was wondering what's the difference between a commitment ring and an engagement ring?

View more questions Search