Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duke4e Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2005, 06:21 AM
    "services.exe" loading up to 100%
    Hey there

I reinstalled xp sp2 on my machine and everything was working perfectly until I upgraded firmware for my CDRW/DVDRW drive

When I restarted my machine I had a message in tray, saying me that windows have found a new CD/DVD drive. That whould be OK, but then services.exe loads up to 100% and I can't do anything... if I disconnect my CDRW/DVDRW everything works perfect.

I'm using Firefox,zonealarm, and nod32 and I have also runned dosens of programs in search for spyware/viruses, but now I'm 100% shure that I don't have any of those

Also I upgraded firmware from official SAMSUNG firmware tool wich should work perfectly for my Smasung CDRW/DVDRW drive

PLEASE HELP
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 16, 2005, 06:39 AM
    It may be the Sober virus. You can run a free removal tool from here:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

Let me know if it was that.
    duke4e Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2005, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    It may be the Sober virus. You can run a free removal tool from here:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

Let me know if it was that.
    Unfortunately, it's not a Sober virus... I ran that norton removal tool and it didn't find anything

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

How to displace the loading image with a message like "loading... "? [ 3 Answers ]

How to displace the loading image with a message like "loading"?

View more questions Search