Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryanw3666 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Girlfriend and I are on a Break (good story)
    All right so this is a long story and I am sorry but I really need to just get it out and talk to some people who went through the same thing.

So, there are my friends Ryan, Cheryl, Taylor, Andrew, Girlfriend Laura, and myself. We have been dating for quite some time and I am incredibly crazy in love with her. I have never been this attached to a person like this before.

On a Friday Taylor, Andrew, Laura and I are hanging out at Taylors house and it was getting close to 2a.m. I ask my girlfriend Laura to let me take her home or sleep over at my house. She told me to sleep over at Taylors and I said no. She then said she doesn't want to sleep at my house or go home. This made me very confused, but I just left.

Then the next day I am at work and I call my girlfriend Laura and ask what we are doing after I get off. She said she is at the lake with Taylor and Andrew. I tell her to call me when she gets back and she says okay. I then go to my friend Ryans house and meet with Cheryl. We went to a festival for about an hour and we called Taylor, Andrew, and my girlfriend. We ask them to meet us there and they say no... We are confused. We then go and get something to eat. We call Taylor, Andrew, and my girlfriend again and ask them to meet us at the restaurant, they say no again... Now this situation is getting very frustrating to me cause my girlfriend is avoiding me. My buddy Ryan sends them a dumb text message stating how we are pissed. I never knew he was sending this otherwise I wouldn't have let him cause it was dumb. So we get a reply from my girlfriend stating that they are not hanging out with us tonight and that she is going. She then says that she loves me. So, expecting her to drive home, I sit and wait by her car. She does not show. Ryan and I think she is at Andrews house with Taylor, so we drive over there. Sure enough their shoes are in the kitchen and they are downstairs. I knock on the door expecting them to answer but they don't. Cheryl is still at Ryans so she texts them and they say they are not home, but they are in the park with no shoes on. I just laugh at this lie. After about 30min of knocking and asking nicely in the window for them to come out, I finally pound on the door. My girlfriend finally answers her phone and she comes out to talk with me. She says that she wants a break because of school and stuff like that. I kind of don't let her and argue back. This works out for me in the long run so wait haha. I then finally just leave and give her a call from my house phone. I ask her to come over cause I really just need her here right now. She said no... and slept over at Taylors house for the second time in a row.

Still with me? Lol sorry I need to get it off my chest.

Moving on to Sunday now, I got no sleep that night. Ryan and I try calling them to figure out what is going on cause we have no clue. No one answers. Laura responded my text saying that she is at church with her mom and then they are going ro run some errands. Later in the day I see her driving with Andrew and Taylor around the street and she saw me but just drove off. She lied to me. Cheryl And Ryan come over for Dinner and I text Laura and ask her to meet me at starbucks so that we can talk. She says all right. I meet her at starbucks and we chat about little stuff first. Then we get into our relationship. She says that she is not happy when she is with me all the time and that we have not much in common. We talk about this and I name off some things we do have in common and I make her laugh also. She doesn't know why she is not happy she claims. She asks me for a 5 day break or so until Friday. This break was not about her school or anything like she told me before. She wants a litte time to think about us. I am all for a break so I agree to it. This doesn't help the few lies she gave me but I am willing to forget them eventually. I am confident that she is not cheating on me with Taylor or Andrew. After an hour or so of talking she tells me she really does love me and she sees us getting back on Friday, just that she needs the time. After I leave she calls her best friend Cheryl and tells her that she really does love me a lot.

It is Wednesday now and we only talked once, and that was on Monday night. Cheryl and her our best friends so they went to talk with each other and make up. Cheryl put in good words for me and Laura claimed that she loves me still but she is not sure what she will do.

These 4 days have been the worst ever... I can barely sleep and I try to keep myself occupied but I always think about her. I understand that I have to wait until Friday, but I just want to talk to her for like 15min every night, but I get no call. I have been pretty good in not calling or texting. I only texted her once, which was today and she never responded.

I have no idea what to expect and I am scared cause even though she did all this, I am truly in love with her and its hard to let go. Easier said then done eh? If someone can just give me advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for reading my story ha it means a lot.
    clarityseeker Posts: 61, Reputation: 43

May 30, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Dude, I really feel for you here. It doesn't get much worse than what you are probably feeling right now. I've been there, it's all so fresh, and you're going to feel panic, anxiety, lack of focus, sadness, anger, romanticizing her. You HAVE to be a man and fight through it. It's really important for you to keep your head on your shoulders, and not fall into the trap here of all of a sudden thinking you can't live without her. It's your emotions talking - trust me. I had those thoughts, too. If you read my story, you'll see how I wasted a month hanging on and my now-ex emotionally control me from a distance. I'm not saying your girl's the same, could be totally different. But you need to distance yourself from her completely. Don't call/email/text/anything and don't return her stuff. The only scenario where I would even consider responding is if she leaves you a phone message or hunts you down in person and tells you how sorry she is and how she made the biggest mistake of her life and how you are so the only one she wants to be with. Even then, I'd be careful about taking her back, because it'll be hard to trust her. Short of that, though, you have to be strong and not turn into her doormat, which is a mistake a lot of guys, including me, have made.
    Auttajasi Posts: 107, Reputation: 27

May 30, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Great story. There are hundreds of us on this site that have felt your pain. It hurts when we feel like the feelings we have for someone are not mutual.
    I'll just tell you what I think. I may be right and I may be wrong, but here it goes.

So. I think the vast majority of relationship problems stem from a lack of communication. When we don't communicate, we are forced to fill in the blanks like you have done.
    Not sure what taylor's role in this is. It seem a bit unorthodox that your alleged friend is spending a lot of time with your girlfriend. Is this normal for you mini subculture there? It sounds like you have let her know your feelings and that you care for her. At this point there isn't a whole lot to do but wait until Friday to see if the feelings are truly mutual.
    If they are, great. This little experience will probably build your relationship.
    It they aren't,
    Yea.
    It sucks.
    It hurts.
    Life will suck for a bit.
    Then you will move on.
    From this, no matter what the outcome, you will learn to communicate better. It is ESSENTIAL for a healthy relationship, be it with regular friends or intimate friends. If you are feeling like she is avoiding you, the worst thing to do is to hold back your feelings. The best thing to do, is come up with a way to talk to her about it (a way that fits her personality and communication style) without adding drama to you relationship. This is tricky, but possible.
    If you do it in a way that adds drama and escalates the situation into a fight, you are more likely to keep from talking about things in the future, because you want to avoid the drama and arguing. This will also push her away from you.
    If you do it in a way that doesn't add drama to the situation. You have been rewarded for your efforts. In turn, you both will feel more comfortably about communicating in the future. Let me know if this helps. Good luck!

May 31, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Thanks for all the advice. I honestly tried not to text her but I fell into it and asked her to call me last night. She never called. I called my buddy Ryan and he said she is at Taylors(he lives 2 houses away from him). Its 11:00 on a school night and she is still there...

I am meeting with her today, not Friday. I have no idea what to ask or suspect. This sucks.
    xiaocake Posts: 56, Reputation: 5

May 31, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Why loves a person who doesn't care your feeling?
    She attributed the reasons to unhappiness with you, but were you happy with her? Happiness is mutual. Please ask yourself, do you really love the girl like her? How old are you? Do you have more chanced to meet someone you could love again? Is she your first girlfriend? Will you learn something from this relationship? Are you feeling loved when she did things like that? Do you have other things to make you connected?
    Out of there, please.

Jun 2, 2007, 08:27 AM
    We are done...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good math story (parents, you should read!) [ 1 Answers ]

By no means am I a genius or a math whiz, however I was able to successfully answer the question, "when are we ever going to use this trig' in real life?" My oldest step-daughter was 14 and staying with us for the summer. She was about 5'3" at the time and I'm 6'1". She was continually moving...

Another break-up story [ 1 Answers ]

I signed on to vent about this situation with my now ex-girlfriend, I felt like I needed some advice from people who have no idea who I am or the girl I used to be with. Here is the deal, we have been dating on and off for about three years and every time we have broken up it has been when I have...

Good Story that Helps [ 5 Answers ]

Enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine with a friend. A MAYONNAISE JAR AND 2 CUPS OF COFFEE When things in your life seem almost too much to Handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, Remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 cups of coffee. A professor stood before his...

Is this story good [ 1 Answers ]

Im Brandon Green I'm 17. I was born and raised in Houston Texas except for the one year I lived in Dallas. My dad was never really around when I was growing up he was in prison for a violation of parole for the last time he was in prison. My mom was a coke dealer when I was little and would have...

Need opinion if my short story is good... [ 1 Answers ]

Tears rolled out of the eyes you once saw, but what is so vague, you always seem to overlook. Slowly, she roughly wiped her eyes only, because she knew she should go on. Leaving behind everything, she had continuously accomplished, over and over. As she started staring at those sturdy steps in...

View more questions Search