Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2005, 07:11 PM
    My cat is interacting with an antique mirror
    A few months ago I acquired an antique vanity. My cat acts very strangely toward the mirror part of the vanity. He will sit on the vanity and stare into the mirror, several times a day, for long periods. Often he has the same look as he would if he was looking out a window and seeing a bird or another cat... excited and alert. At night he "talks" to the mirror, meowing like he wants food or attention. Sometimes he rubs up against it and purrs. I have several other mirrors in my house that he has access to, and he doesn't behave this way towards any of them. He's a 12 year old cat and has never been interested in mirrors before.

Not sure what to make of this, but I would be interested in any comments, thanks!
    pUnk 0f 31r3 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2005, 04:00 PM
    Aack! Magic mirror!
    Well, as long as the mirror isn't borthering anybody, I guess you don't really have a problem, other than a cat who really likes the way he lookes in antique mirrors :p
    MelanieRauscher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 10:09 PM
    My Cat is doing this all of a sudden in my daughter's room. He cries so loud that we can't get a full nights sleep. Has anyone found out why they do this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mirror tiles [ 6 Answers ]

Recently I bought some mirror wall tiles and when I asked how to cut them the Home Depot employee said the only thing I could use was a little red tool with a tiny metal wheel on the end. I've about ruined all of the one package of tiles trying to cut a straight line. I must not be strong enough to...

Antique Riding Mower? [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: I bought an old Montgomery Wards riding mower at an auction the other day, but I don't know what kind it is, the name was painted over. It is a Model ZYJ 48A. Does anyone know anything about it?

Film on mirror [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice on the best way to clean mirrors. W are non smokers, however,it seems if there is a film on my mirrors. Also, any ideas on the best way to clean windows. My windows are old and have to be removed from the outside

Antique headboard [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a headboard/footboard from a dealer, who only had two of the brackets. They are made to hook into the old board (single hook) and bolt onto a modern frame. I've attached a photo of the bracket. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Or know of a different bracket that has a...

Man in the Mirror... what life is all about... [ 4 Answers ]

More on loving yourself first... this is step one and must be completed before you even consider a serious relationship... When you get all you want and you struggle for self, and the world makes you king for a day, then go to the mirror and look at yourself and see what that man has...

View more questions Search