Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GRBOregon Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Bankruptcy was filed but judgments still show
    I had a business fail and had to file Chapter 7. The judgments were named in the bankruptcy, the bankruptcy is long completed (3 years now) but the judgments still show on my credit report. What do I do to get them off as being discharged without spending a fortune (which I do not have) on an attorney? I am in Oregon by the way if that makes a difference. Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Have you tried writing to the credit reporting bureaus and showing them a copy of the bankrutpcy showing those debts included.
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

May 30, 2007, 10:09 PM
    I thought it stayed on your credit report for up to 10 years no matter what.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collecting a judgments [ 2 Answers ]

HELLO, I like to know if you know of some company that will help me report a "judgment" to the credit bureaus? All answers will be appreciated Thanks

Filed 1040 in 2005 instead of 1040NR: Which form should be filed for 2006? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I came to the US in Fall 04 and since then have been continuously on an F-1 student visa. I filed form 1040NR-EZ for 2004, but for 2005 I hired a CPA who (without informing me) filed a 1040 on my behalf. In there, he claimed an education credit (or something to that effect) which effectively...

Xhusband filed bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

I was married the for 20 years and had in hearted property in North Carolina and the judge ruled that the property was mine. He also ruled that he pay half of the bills. Well you might of guessed he filed bankruptcy and stuck me with all of the debt. I raised my kids and did not work out of the...

Subpeonas and Judgments [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am a 27 year old NEW mother. I was just informed that I was served at my parents address last month to appear in court for a mediation for a judgment. I obviously didn't attend since I did not get the paper work in time and was unaware of the mediaiton. Nothing was signed by my parents as...

Creditor judgments [ 1 Answers ]

How long do credit card companies wait before filing judgements against you?

View more questions Search