Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darnold Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2003, 07:32 PM
    Computer Reboots
    My computer reboots whenever it feels like it...
    What is causes that?
    mahi_val Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2003, 06:44 AM
    Computer Reboots
    Consult you computer hardware vendor since this problem of reboot without any reason occurs if there is a problem with your RAM.

May 21, 2003, 08:26 AM
    Computer Reboots
    It was home built about 1 yr ago...

What happens is that when Im on the computer doing anything, all of a sudden it REBOOTS on me...

I have a SOYO DRAGON+ Mobo...
    chirag_vp Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2003, 03:51 AM
    Computer Reboots
    Please check the RAM slot might not proplerly be fixed and also check the virtual memory.

May 23, 2003, 06:59 AM
    Computer Reboots
    RAM is in fine...

What should the virtual memory be like
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2003, 12:59 AM
    Computer Reboots
    I have the same prob, esp. since you built it. SOYO mobo is kind of of cheap and after 1 yr or so tends to get bad.
    Most reboots happen because your power supply is bad, too. The power good line of the power supply may not be receiving enough voltage. If you are sure your RAM is good (same PC bus, trying different slots,etc.), check all the other basics,like IRQ,jumpers,bios updates, and any loose cards, esp. video card. Also try placing your sound and video cards 1 slot apart from each other.
    This sometimes help. If none of this helps, the prob may also be with the mobo hard drive controller. Some hard drive vendor such as Western Digital has a floppy disk or download from their website you can run to test if the controller is indeed bad. In that case, replace with another good mobo like TYAN.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer reboots by itself [ 11 Answers ]

OS win2000. Computer reboots by itself. It might work 5 minutes and reboot or several hours and reboot. Any suggestions. Thank you.

Computer reboots for no reason [ 4 Answers ]

Could someone help me with this problem. I am running XP that has all of the updates from MicroSoft. For no reason it will shut down and reboot while I'm looking at things on the net or reading the AJC paper on-line. I have NOD32 virus protection and ewido 3.5 mal-ware protection. I just totally...

Computer reboots whenever it chooses! [ 5 Answers ]

My computer has Windows ME. It has a mind of its own. It shuts down and reboots whenever it decides to. I have reloaded Windows ME. What else should I do?

Windows XP Hangs or reboots [ 6 Answers ]

I had a Dell that had its motherboard burn out. I replaced it with a better and slightly different motherboard but one that supports all my other hardware. I installed all the existing hardware to the new motherboard and all started great except that when Windows XP attempted to load the computer...

Gets To XP Logo Then Reboots [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My girlfriend's mother has broken her PC and I'm trying to fix it. When she boots up her PC she will get to the Win XP icon but then it reboots itself. She told me she had gone out, leaving her PC on. When she got back she had some kind of message from AOL about an update saying...

View more questions Search