Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    autumnfaerie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 03:50 PM
    How long does it take for a cat to deliver afterbirth?
    My cat had three stillborn kittens late Friday night and into Saturday morning. I noticed this afternoon she had redish-purple flesh looking stuff hanging out of her vagina. A call to the vet told me it was the afterbirth.

So, how long is it going to take for her to deliver this? I'm sort of getting worried. :(
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

May 30, 2007, 10:55 AM
    With my cats, it was delivered several minutes after birth. I think the first one it was about 30 minutes, but she did not get up and move around until it was completely out. I would call the vet back, if you haven't already, I think something is not right.
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jun 6, 2007, 08:43 PM
    The afterbirth should be delivered soon after the cat gives birth, even if they are still births. Don't tug on the afterbirth just in case it is wrapped around something. Call the vet back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat had 2 kittens they are 1 day old how long before my cat go's outside [ 7 Answers ]

My cat has just has 2 beautiful kittens she has been with them since she had them but she has come downstairs and seems to want to go outside they are just over 1 day old and both seem fine but I don't want my cat to leave them for to long. I'm not sure if she wanted to go to the litter tray as I...

How long can mother cat nurse kittens [ 6 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me how long a mother cat can nurse kittens. I am feeding a feral cat, and she has had kittens 5 or 6 weeks ago I think. I give her good quality and variety of cat food, and I have also been putting kitten food in the dishes in case the kittens are now able to eat by...

How long it takes for dunknow 2 deliver their product? [ 1 Answers ]

I`ve oredred dunknow a month ago and still didn't received it.how long does it takes?

Long haired, matted cat [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a long haired cat. I have had her for 3 years and never experienced this problem. She has a clump of feces matted into the hair on her behind. It is a pretty big clump.I have tried to get it off but she will not allow it. Now she is starting to stink and it is stuck in her fur...

Long Hair Cat [ 6 Answers ]

My cat has very long hair. I try to get her grommed 4 times a year. But I can not afford this being on disability myself. How long will her hair keep growing ? Keeps getting longer & longer & etc.

View more questions Search