Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xliu63 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Inground pool, automatic water level?
    Hi,

As a new owner of a house with a pool, I have lots of question to ask,

1. I just filled the pool with well water, the water is kind of green. What is reason and what is cure? I added two container (4 gallons?) of 11% chlorine already.

2. Is there automatic water level indicator? I filled the pool with water hose. But what is the regular way to do it?

3. I saw two black caps close to the pool about 10 inch diameter with label water valve. What they are for? They have open and pause switches and apparently were knocked out by lawn mowers. I would like to know the function of the unit.

4. where the water sensor usually located? I noticed a message on Aqualink RS 4 display Water Sensor Shorted.

Thanks so much for your help.
    xliu63 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xliu63
    Hi,

As a new owner of a house with a pool, I have lots of question to ask,

1. I just filled the pool with well water, the water is kind of green. what is reason and what is cure? I added two container (4 gallons?) of 11% chlorine already.

2. Is there automatic water level indicator? I filled the pool with water hose. But what is the regular way to do it?

3. I saw two black caps close to the pool about 10 inch diameter with label water valve. What they are for? They have open and pause switches and apparently were knocked out by lawn mowers. I would like to know the function of the unit.

4. where the water sensor usually located? I noticed a message on Aqualink RS 4 display Water Sensor Shorted.

Thanks so much for your help.
    Since no professional answered my questions, I would like to answer some of them myself and there may be some lessons others can learn from my mistakes.

1. I should have added the stabilizer first. When I check with a. Mr. Pool person about what I need to add to the pool for the newly filled water, he said just add two containers (totally 5 gallons of chlorine). The water turned to blue shortly and then return to green next day. I brought water to another place and told I need to add stablizer.

2. still no answer

3. my pool has the Paromount automatic cleaning system. There are nuzzles in the pools that circulates water. Those two black caps are paramount water valves.

4. water sensor located on the returning pipes close to the heater and on the Aqua Rite control board in my system.
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 15, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Hi there,

If your pool is green you have an algae growth - this is a difficult problem to rectify. You need to specifically purchase an algicide to solve this once and for all. Buy the algicide according to the volume of your pool from your local pool supply store. Add the algicide and brush down the walls of your pool thoroughly and leave overnight. The algicide will coagulate the algae in the pool over night pulling the algae together into clumps and falling to rest along the bottom of your pool.

Vacuum the pool the next day. Brush down the walls again and add chlorine shock to your pool. Using your chemical test strips over the next few days add more chemicals as required. If your pool turns green again be sure to brush down the walls right away to assist the filtration system with removing this contaminant. If you continue to experience problems your filter may require service or replacement.

The valves near the edge of your pool are the control valves for your automatic floor cleaner system. These "turbo heads" are hard to find replacement parts for so be sure to keep track of all of the parts if you decide to open them and service them yourself.

If you have an automatic water leveler it will be located along the side of your pool, often close to the skimmer. It has a lid on it like the skimmer and on the inside you will find a float valve much like you would find in a toilet. If you have one of these... you have a water leveler. If you do not then the normal way to add water to your pool is with a garden hose.

The water flow sensor from your aqualink panel will be a wire that is connected into the return pipes for your pool in the mechanical room. It should look like a plastic nipple held in place with a stainless steel hose clamp. It will have a wire running from the clamp and connecting to your aqualink panel.

I hope this information is helpful

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water behind inground pool liner [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, About 2 and 1/2 years ago we had a new inground vinyl pool liner professionally installed. Ever since then, when we go to open the pool in the spring--we find the liner bubbled up & out in most of the low end of the pool and on the sides of the deep end. We have to take a part of the liner...

Unsatisfied with construction of inground pool [ 2 Answers ]

We are currently having an ingrained pool installed and there are a number of issues that we are having with the installer. The biggest problem is with the decking around the pool. When thy installer did the concrete work he forgot to thy the copping around the pool and there are thy marks in the...

Trying to patch hole at drainage in vynal inground pool [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 8ft vynal inground pool. I drained it almost all the way with the exception of 2ft which keeps leaking in through the hole in the liner located at the drain. I have put it on waste but it will not drain all the water,:confused: :confused: so I purchased c sump pump and can't seem to get...

Inground fiberglass pool [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know some basic rules to follow when removing an inground fiberglass pool. Does the pool need to be removed at all? If so does it need to be removed intact or can it be torn down into smaller parts? I am looking for information so when I contact a contractor I will know what kind of...

Fiberglass Inground Pool.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone! Does anyone have any insight or experience related to having a fiberglass inground pool installed? Any information, pitfalls, pros & cons appreciated! Thank you in advance!:)

View more questions Search