Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scottcatlett Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 12:40 PM
    Hampton Bay "Belmont" Model Ceiling Fan-Reversing
    I have had many fans through the years that were reversubke (including four in my home when I installed the Belmont), and all of them are reversible via a sliding switch on the side of the housing--as indicated by the two members who responded to my first question.

However, there is no such switch on the Belmont, and after taking off the glass housing for the light assembly, I can find nothing there either.

Further, there is no switch on the remote that controls fan direction, only fan speed.

So the mystery remains.

Perhaps someone from the company that manufactured the Belmont for Home Depot would be kind enough to respond.

Meanwhile, thanks to you who have offered help.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 29, 2007, 01:18 PM
    No one here is from Hampton Bay.. . If the reverse switch is not on the remove, it is somewhere on the fan body, possibly hidden. Check on top of the motor and inside the light fixture.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2007, 06:00 PM
    I don't know about this model, I have found if not slide switch, or remote controlled, The motor may not reverse, you may have to physically grab blades and tweak for reverse
    Flow. May need to push in, and turn.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2007, 11:23 PM
    The only fans with physically reversing blades are very old Hunters. PLEASE stop suggesting people try this with other fans they are likely to damage the brackets.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reversible Belmont Model Hampton Bay Fan [ 2 Answers ]

The manufacturer's shipping box indicated that the Belmont has a three-speed reversible fan function. I had the fan installed, but after installation I cannot find any way to reverse the direction of the rotation. How is it done?

Hampton Bay 54" ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

We gave a Windward II 54 inch ceiling fan we had installed in our bedroom a couple Of years ago. Purchased at Home Depot. We use it as a light and use the fan in the summer. All of a sudden it stopped working from the remote. Replaced the battery and It still doesn't control the fan though the...

San marino 36" hampton bay ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

Is it true that I can not use my existing leviton fan speed and light control with this unit

Using 4.5" downrod instead of 12"-Hampton Bay ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to install a Hampton Bay-Frontera ceiling fan with the optional 4.5" downrod option instead of the standard 12". It does not appear that the 4.5" rod will fit because of the fan's decorative scroll. Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

Hampton Bay 42" ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

We need purchased a 42" ceiling fan with light fixture. We do no want the light and need to purchase the cover where the light should be. Please Help!

View more questions Search