Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mookeystar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 11:39 AM
    unsure of chances of pregnancy
    I don't know if I am pregnant or not. I am on the nuva ring and have been for 7 months. My boyfriend is in iraq and was recently home on leave. He usually withdrawals, but one time he stayed inside me when he came. When he pulled out afterwards, my ring fell out onto his stomach. I took my ring out about 2 weeks later [it was time to] and had a 2 day period. I put in a new ring at the time I am supposed to. But when I went to take it out it feels 'different' inside me. Like everything is closer together and stuff. I have taken two HPT one came out negative and the other one didn't work at all it got all botched up while I was taking it and I think I overloaded it with a urine sample lol. As a bit of a background on me, I have a daughter that is about to be 6 and I have had 2 abortions. The last one being about 3 years ago.
    Someone please help. I am so unsure! On top of me being already scared with feeling all 'different' inside me a couple of days ago I got a new tattoo =( I am scared that if I am pregnant that I have already hurt the child by not only wearing my ring after conceiving, but getting a tattoo as well.
    help me
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 29, 2007, 12:21 PM
    The best advice I can give you is to go to the dr and have him do a blood test and tell him what happened.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 12:22 PM
    I really think you need to go to the doctor and set your mind at ease. I am sorry that you are feeling so upset, a doctor will be able to set your mind at ease. Good luck.
    steviebeezie Posts: 66, Reputation: 13

May 29, 2007, 12:24 PM
    You're most likely not pregnant. But as the other posters have stated, why not go see your doctor?
    mookeystar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 12:39 PM
    To be completely honest, I currently don't have any medical insurance. I got laid off from my last position and I am a temp to hire at the job I am at now. My 3 month temporary period is almost up though. I should get hired on and begin to get benefits around the 19th of next month. So I am kind of stuck. I don't want to pay out of pocket for just a hunch. That is why I posted on here.
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 12:43 PM
    To be completely honest, there are places to go other than your doctor and I really think you should. It could mean more problems down the road, don't wait and then make the proper decisions from there! Good luck!
    kcoyle Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

May 29, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Okay, not to be mean... but.. you could afford to get a new tattoo, but you can't afford a $7 test from the store?
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Tattoos range from 30 bucks to thousands, but that isn't the point, planned parent hood will usually take what you can afford as of today and not before your tattoo! Look in the phone book honey and get some wight lifted off your shoulders, OK?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 12:53 PM
    It would probably be a good idea to check into your local health department! Good luck!
    steviebeezie Posts: 66, Reputation: 13

May 29, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Okay, so... a full answer then. First off, you had a two day period and a negative HPT. Statistically, the chances of your being pregnant, given those two factors are somewhere in the one in a couple of thousand range. What you haven't mentioned, however, is how long it has been since your boyfriend and you had sex. If it has been less than six weeks, the HPT is less accurate, if I'm remembering my figures correctly. There's an early response HPT which, while less accurate then the traditional test, is more appropriate for an early response. In any case, I'm sure there must be free clinics in your community--look in the phone book, and good luck.
    sherry1975 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mookeystar
    I dont know if i am pregnant or not. I am on the nuva ring and have been for 7 months. my boyfriend is in iraq and was recently home on leave. he usually withdrawls, but one time he stayed inside me when he came. when he pulled out afterwards, my ring fell out onto his stomach. i took my ring out about 2 weeks later [it was time to] and had a 2 day period. i put in a new ring at the time i am supposed to. but when i went to take it out it feels 'different' inside me. like everything is closer together and stuff. i have taken two HPT one came out negative and the other one didnt work at all it got all botched up while i was taking it and i think i overloaded it with a urine sample lol. as a bit of a background on me, i have a daughter that is about to be 6 and i have had 2 abortions. the last one being about 3 years ago.
    Someone please help. I am so unsure! On top of me being already scared with feeling all 'different' inside me a couple of days ago i got a new tattoo =( I am scared that if i am pregnant that i have already hurt the child by not only wearing my ring after conceiving, but getting a tattoo as well.
    help me
    If I was you I wouldn't have put the ring in if I think I might be pregnant that might hurt the unborn baby
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 01:09 PM
    That is why it is very important to get to the doctor!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 01:10 PM
    For starters... to ease your mind... A tattoo itself will not harm your baby. An infection from a poorly administered tattoo MAY harm your baby depepnding on the type and severity of the infection. So I'd say if you went to a sanitary and reputable place, and are feeling OK, you (and little you) are probably safe.

Second... the hormones from the ring could potentally harm your baby, so the sooner you remove it the better. The good thing is that it sounds like if you are pregnant its very early, so you will be in the same boat as many women (including myself) who have ever conceived on birth control... we all found out after a few weeks, we all removed ourselves from the hormones, Most babies are fine (I know mine is)...

I also suggest seeking out a planned parenhood if you have no insurance. They are very low cost, and depending on your state and your personal situation, may even be free. The point is, you need to make sure, and ease your min... waiting isn't going to do anything except potentially harm your baby. Good luck.
    sherry1975 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2007, 01:13 PM
    You should see a doctor soon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Second Chances. [ 38 Answers ]

Hi all, I was wondering if we can tell stories about our experiences with giving your partner a 'second chance'. What made you decide to give it a second chance. How it went. Did it work out the second time around. And finally... Would you do it again?

Missing birth control - ovulation timing? Chances of pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

So here is my situation... any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I have been on because for about 8 years. About two weeks into my pack (rougly 03/16) I lost it and therefore stopped taking the pill. My boyfriend and I had sex everyday (without protection) from about 03/30 - 04/08. On...

Chances of pregnancy [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have fooled around a couple of times. And he was wearing boxers, but I wasn't wearing anything. And we were pretty much having sex with his boxers on. I don't know if he went or not, he acted like it once or twice. But I'm not sure. Each time we did this it lasted for about 30...

Chances of pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here and I've searched for answers everywhere and no one has helped. This may be a little long but PLEASE stick with me. I am on a normal 28 day cycle. On the 8th of Jan. I started my last period. So I was supposed to ovulate on the 21st or 22nd. My next period is due Feb. 5th. So...

View more questions Search