Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tkirk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Union advantages and disadvantages
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a union member?
    DemonAlcohol Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

May 29, 2007, 02:59 PM
    In my union the major advantage is job security. They cannot fire me unless I do something wrong. It's also nice to know that management cannot push you around and make you do things that your not supposed to be doing since they are in fear of having to deal with the union. Not that it would get them into trouble, but they would have to spend several hours a day for the next week or two to work the problem out.

Disadvantage is paying the union dues. I had to pay $600 initiation to join and now that I've paid it they take $48 dollars from my paycheck each month. I look at it as a small cost for insurance (which I get for free) and job security.
    zh678 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2010, 06:39 PM
    No farms

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The advantages and disadvantages of union membership for retail workers. [ 1 Answers ]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of union membership for retail workers?

Advantages and disadvantages of trade unions [ 3 Answers ]

Hi you, This is ruby, I am doing course of employee relations and just wondering the advantages and disadvantages of trade unions. I couldn't find any resource about it:( . So could anyone help me? Thanks a lot Ruby

Advantages and disadvantages of Sponsorship [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know about the advantages and disadvantages of sponsorship? And why is important to businesses?

Advantages and disadvantages of Apple [ 20 Answers ]

Dear all At the moment I will start my own internet business, so I am thinking on changing to a mac system, a G5 I think. My problem is that I never worked with Apple before, although I kwnon I can achieve better results, I don't know what are the advantages and disadvantages of using mac...

View more questions Search