Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmoreno1983 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Probation violation
    I completed all that was require from me to finish my 2 year probation except my community service hours. I have court on June 15 What are the outcomes for my court hearing. I do not want to go to jail and it is my first violation do I need to get a lawyer, what will the judge give me as options. I got probation from a dwi.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 29, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Hello jm:

If the violation is for not doing your community service, they'll probably extend your probation until you do. I don't know if you need a lawyer for this. So, if you can complete your community service before your hearing, then nothing will happen.

excon
    jmoreno1983 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 12:05 PM
    My probation was up last June 2006 though and I recently got arrested for traffic tickets so I had to bond out from my probation violation. So that it matter if a lot of time has passed what will they do to me?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 29, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Get a lawyer. It's better to not take chances.
    leilaa111 Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

May 31, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoreno1983
    i completed all that was require from me to finish my 2 year probation except my community service hours. i have court on June 15 What are the outcomes for my court hearing. i do not want to go to jail and it is my first violation do i need to get a lawyer, what will the judge give me as options. i got probation from a dwi.
    Yes do get a lawyer since you got a chance to you won't go 2 jail but its beter to be on the safe side

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation KY [ 7 Answers ]

I was charged with 2 felony counts of welfare fraud for failure to report changes in income. I assumed that I could make payments back to the state and avoid criminal charges. Yeah right. So I pled guilty, was sentenced to 3 yr (2) running concurrently, placed on probation and moved to Ohio. ...

Violation Of Probation [ 9 Answers ]

My husband was charged with Resisting Arrest w/o Violence. He was sentenced to take 8 hr Anger management Class. Probation for 1 year. Write apology letter to cop. Pay court fees & FInes = 825.00. My husband was pulled back into jail for Violation Of Probation. Everything else was...

Probation Violation [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. My husband was arrested two weeks ago when he went to see his probation officer because of a failed drug test. He was arrested on the spot and has been in jail every since. I talked to his PO and he said he would ask judge to reinstate and send him for rehab. He also said it could take a...

Probation Violation [ 1 Answers ]

My 24 year old daughter was recently on the receiving end of domestic violence. There is no legal attachment between her and the violating party. He was currently on probation for a previous criminal act, for which he did some prison time. Last night they picked him up for the probation violation...

Violation of Probation [ 2 Answers ]

I received a underage drinking ticket and am currently on probation for that. I received a violation of probation for missing one of my alcoholic classes, because I had class conflicts at my university. I am working two jobs and going to school. Does this Violation in Indiana require me to go to...

View more questions Search